1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Mighty, Magnificient and Fantabulous TJet+

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by speedJet, Oct 24, 2012.

1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Yupp Ist scheduled service; minor checkups and its all done. Done at HIM Motors in Patparganj.

Mobil 1 or Selenia?? I finally decided to go with the Fiat prescribed Selenia K only (at least till the 2 year warranty lasts). Engine oil and filter was changed earlier today. Plan is to change engine oil and filter every 7500 kms. My MJD Punto gets a full service at 10k and seems very happy with it at 65k.

My Jet's brakes were acting up - nothing much but a slight vibration when braking at high speeds. Showed it to Rafiq and Sharmaji and they recommended replacement under warranty. Front discs had slight deformities (marks etc). Got both front discs and pads replaced under warranty earlier today. The discs and pads are way more expensive than the regular Linea/Punto so be nice on the brakes or you will be out of pocket by a nice chunk.

To each his own I guess!

HIM is recognised and Mr Sharma and his posse of mechanics are still there.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I will have to take a snap. I will post it once I am done clicking it on a sunny day. Well in one of your posts you described the Ghodbunder area, hence was keen to know about it

That is pretty less running. As far as your friend it is concerned, it looks like its case of neighbours envy owners pride. Take advantage of the Linea. The 'fairer' friends find it appealing. I have seen it turning many 'fairer' heads. I guess you now understand what I am implying

It was Mobil 1 Selenia K fully synthetic. I will have to check the bill for the same.

You were lucky to get the replacement under warranty, otherwise it would have been atleast 10K I guess.

I would need your recommendation while visiting Mr Sharma. Please put in a word - I am planning to go within a weeks time. If necessary I will take a holiday to make it on a weekday
  3. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Ya I get your point :p

@nkapoor77: Word for me too please :fear: Will be going around the middle of december for my second service :|
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    @speedJet
    See, I drive my Jet during week days in city conditions, drop and pickup my children daily three km away fom my residence, visiting city-centre(15km from one side) about three times a week, finally to my country home on weekends about 90km(60km of highway and 30km of city/town). Mind that we have a single-road highway for both the directions, I can some times only go with 90-100km/h speed.... but I don't push it hard to attain speed at small duration opportunities, but enjoy overtaking any vehicle and find it melt in the rear-view mirror, this is the beauty of this leaping-beast.
    I avoid heavy traffic on weekends an on Monday for back to work, I drive early in the morning when the traffic is almost away to let me experience the 120km/h when I hear a beep of speed-limit.
    In heavy traffic I follow the fate, I push it gently while finding any opportunity to overtake and go at 80 and 90km/h generally at open patches of the road.
    When it is a holiday in weekdays, I visite some place with children for outings and let my Jet roar all the days to remain healthy.
    With this riding, I generally add 1200-1300km to the ODO-reading.
    Hope, you are getting the idea of my-life with my-Jet.
    Enjoy Life Unrestricted,
    SHAH
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Well if you get my point, put it to use. You are still in college and make most of the Jet

Dr Shah, you appear to be a gentle rider. Also, your Jet seems to be getting healthy driving dose. Its great that you are getting a very healthy average of around 14 kmpl. I manage only around 10 kmpl in the city and around 14 kmpl on the highway. It must be amazing driving in the valley on the Jet. I can only imagine it at the moment, hope I get to experience it sometime
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Another angle after a wash

Here is another angle after a wash

AfterWash.JPG
    2 people like this.
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Get in touch with me when you are preparing to go! There may be a brand new location where you may need to head to!! Let's wait and watch.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Sure, I will get in touch with you. In all probability it would be sometime next week - towards the end. Hopefully I should be able to keep the mileage under 5000 till then or it will be earlier

Do you think it is good to go to HIM if there are chances of the team moving to another location?
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    The first service should be coming up within a week. Anything that I should keep in mind or take care for the first service? All suggestions are welcome
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I have requested to replace the engine oil and done alignment
    1 person likes this.