1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Mighty, Magnificient and Fantabulous TJet+

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by speedJet, Oct 24, 2012.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I bought it a few months back and I had to get it from outside NCR. Currently I am nearing my service

I was there on the race day. I gave away practice day and qualifier tickets to my cousins

Did they change the oil filter? If not, then you need not worry. If yes, please let me know and I shall post pics

- - - Merged Post - - -

khoj, are you from Bombay?
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Time to post some mileage figures that I have been getting

Mileage-1.jpg

My daily drive is at max 20 kms (round trip). Hence a mileage of 10 kmpl within the city is pretty good
    1 person likes this.
  3. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    I thought as much, as none of the Dilli dealers had heard of the Bronzo Scuro.

Snaps would indeed help. The oil filter was changed as they poured in 3.3 litres of oil, I was advised the 0.3 litres was on account of the new filter. The total quantity surprised me as even my Swift drinks a full 4 litres of oil and it's petrol engine is even smaller@1300 cc but then the Cedia has a 2000 cc engine & it too takes in only 4 litres of engine oil. Guess it is a design thing.

I am in Dilli currently.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    There were atleast 3 dealers in Delhi who had a Bronzo Scuro with them but somehow things did not click

Here is a snap of the sheet that covers the oil filter. It consists of 2 parts which are screwed together. Hope this helps. If not let me know if you need another angle.
    OilFilterCover.JPG

My question is not answered - are you originally from Bombay?
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I got the first service done for my Jet last week after my return from the Himachal trip (Chamba/Dalhousie) with the odo just shy of 5k kms. Didn't get the oil changed though as I wanted to try the Shell Helix Ultra fully synthetic instead of the Selenia (planning to buy 4 ltr can this weekend). Visit to T.A.S.S. is due for replacing brake discs and pads under warranty (noticed some vibrations when braking at high speed >100 kmph - checked at TASS and there were some marks on the discs). Oil change to be done next week at HIM Motors in Patparganj. The Jet is so addictive that my MJD Punto now does only 500 km monthly while the Jet runs close to 1500 kms (I am stupid ::V).
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Was it plane service or something more also done? Was it done at HIM Motors or some other place?

Let me know how different it feels. I got Mobil 1 Selenia Fully Synthetic from TASS with around 3000 kms on the ODO

Are brake discs and pads covered under warranty? I read on the forum that they are not covered under warranty
    Will you be going to HIM Motors on the week after Diwali i.e. around 17th Nov? Let's sync up

Yes, the Jet is fiercely addictive
  7. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    The 1 year anniversary of our car is also nearing, is Him motors the best service centre speedjet?
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I cannot say if it is the best, but it has one of the most knowledgeable person on Fiat car. HIM Motors may not have spares readily available but if you are facing any issue, they have the best knowledge to resolve it. As far as service engineers are concerned, I guess they are the same everywhere: you shall have to stand and supervise or they may not do things properly. Others on TFI can also comment on HIM Motors

Further, try going on a weekday and introduce yourself to Mr Sharma saying you are from TFI

Most probably I shall go to HIM Motors for my first service

- - - Merged Post - - -

abhinit90, how many kms do you have on the ODO? And how many of your fairer friends have fallen for the Jet :)
  9. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    3! That is interesting. I started looking for this vehicle in end August and was offered A BNW & a TW by two separate dealers out of the total of 6 that I approached. It was only in middle of the month that 'Tayal Motors' advised me regarding the Bronzo Scuro colour being available at the plant and then too the SA and his team leader had never seen or heard of this colour. Infact that was the first time that I too learned about this colour, anyhow all is well that ends well.

Appreciate the snap of the cover. I was actually hoping to see a photo depicting the cover in it's location in the engine bay to enable me to peer in the right direction and ascertain that the cover is indeed secured in the right place & manner. A different angle/snap will indeed be great.

While I am not from Bombay, I am intrigued by the query..

10. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    My Jet has barely done some 3800kms :|

None of my friends have bought a Fiat let alone a Jet, one of them who is a good friend of mine was a huge critic of Linea, after he drove it once he is in love with it, but now he says that he doesn't like the car, because of it's looks and he likes the way a Swift Dzire looks :|

Will do that, but wasn't someone saying that either HIM motors isn't recognized or Mr. Sharma isn't there

Also, my Jet was present on Saturday on the buddh circuit, will upload the pics when I make my ownership thread :|