1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my love for fiat

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by srinivaschandalada, Dec 14, 2010.

1. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi friends,i am Srinivas from andhra,and am very happy on joining people with a common passion "the fiat passion".I have always been a fan of fiat,right from my childhood when my dad bought a yellow fiat in the early eighties,it was in its own league far from the playmounth and ambassador we had previously owned.As a child i knew only two things,i.e. looks and speed.As i grew older i came to know fiat had much more than just looks and speed.The year was 1997 i was old enough to have my own car.Out of the limited cars at that time i went in for a metallic purple zen.I prefer a hatchback for self driving,and so the zen.Being a six footer i found it quite cramped,but it was a good car.Then came along the fiat uno in 1999.I got my white uno in 2001.It was avery good car and the only euro 2 car at that time.It was robust,a diesel,merrily motored along on 90 kmph with 5 people and a full boot to Srisailem a temple town, situated 479 kms (one way)from my place,the last 75 kms steep ghats,and with around 200 kms of practically no motorable road.It was a tough and sturdy car that enjoyed broken tarmac.I thought i would keep her for atleast 6 years or two lakh kms. But all my plans were shattered with the comming of the diesel palio.With a very heavy heart i sold my faithfull workhorse,and bought my palio 1.9D elx in 2003.I thought nothing could beat the uno,but the uno can be proud that it has been beaten by its sibling the palio.I need not tell you the credits of the palio,i remember driving on ghats with a full load and the a/c on full blast in fourth an fifth gears at a speed of 45 kms.This time i promised myself that i must keep this car for 6 years,and that i did.When the punto was here i with great difficulty resisted myself until november 17th 2010,when my new white multijet emotion pack babe arrived.Once again with a heavy heart i sold my six and a half palio to another fiat maniac who bought my uno in 2003,and has made me promise him to sell my punto after six years.I shall post some pictures of my uno,palio and punto later on.I would like to thank my friends for starting thit fan club. :dancing
    Sorry friends i forgot to fulfill my promise of posting some pictures,better late than never.I have snaps of my palio and punto,but not my uno.I have to catch hold of the buyer and take a snap .

Palio in beedu,18-4-09.jpg

mdp to slo via kumarpalem,good monsoons,24-7-10 (3).jpg

My new punto ready to be delivered,17-nov-2010.jpg

First servicing at 3032 kms,at coastal RJY,28-1-011 (2).jpg

First servicing at 3032 kms,at coastal RJY,28-1-011.jpg

Side profile of my baby at Slo,5-12-2010 (2).jpg
    PradeepM and varunrtr like this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Srinivas and welcome to TFI. Very nice to read your Fiat journey and your passion for Fiat cars. ::T
    I am sure you will find this site useful. Mods have done a wonderful job in creating and maintaining this site.

P.S.- It would be better if relatively longer posts can be posted into smaller paragraphs. Makes it easier to read.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very nice to read your intro. It shows your love and passion.
    Do create ownership report of Punto. Do also share your oldies pictures.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congrats and welcome to TFI,but your friend/buyer needs to see a psychiatrist!!
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Red carpet welcome to you and your Punto, Srinivas. Happy and safe motoring in your Punto.
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    hey srinivas, welcome to TFI. Firsy of all, ur a big fiat fan and thats what this place is all about. Nice to see ur family owning several generations of Fiat Family. Would have been great to see all of them together. Do post the pictures of ur old and new fiats in ur ownership and review thread.
  7. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    hi welcome onboard........
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Srinivas welcome to TFI. Post some pics and buying experience.
  9. srinivaschandalada

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its been long since my update. The car has just crossed 5 years and has just had her 75000 kms service. Its been a very enjoyable 5 years. Apart from the regular oil changes I have had to just replace the battery and tyres once. the timing chain was replaced at 60000 kms. And recently I felt the gear changes hard and the clutch very soft too , and I had the master clutch cylinder replaced. And now the shifts are butter smooth. I an getting an average of 20 plus. I am very very happy and have many more mile munching to do.
    prabhjot, Murphy_Fiat, Rama and 3 others like this.
  10. srinivaschandalada

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    last night I was cruising when suddenly a klunk klunk sound started from the engine and the battery light started to glow I still had 45 to 50 kms to travel I turned of the engine and restarted the sound continued . I turned off the A/C and the music and the fog lights and slowly proceeded ahead . After a few kms I felt the light grow dim and the horn too faded it was then I panicked as I knew these modern diesel cars unlike the old diesel ambassadors need battery powder to run, It was now I thought is better to go faster as the battery was dying. What followed was a very spirited drive I used to drive when I was 10 years younger. I noticed whenever I was in neutral the sound vanished and the battery light went off and when I engaged the gear and accelerated the loud sound started and so did the battery light on the dash. I reached home thankfully. And today morning I started the car the sound was present for a few seconds and surprisingly vanished. I took no risks and travelled 15 kms to the authorised workshop without A/C and music. They test drove the car but no sound , left it running for 10 minutes with the A/C and lights on but no sound and the battery was charging properly. I had recently changed the belts etc so they were ruled out . The alternator pulley was changed . I was told the pulley is not a direct engage pulley . When completely defective it rotates but the spool inside the alternator does not. In my case the pulley was in the initial stage of going bonkers, so it engages and disengages . It took around two hours. Happy to be driving her as good as new. Speedo reading 79589 kms