1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linnea T-Jet, "THE PROPER PATOLA"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by VIJENDRA SINGH, Nov 21, 2014.

1. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    @ravi_linea
    Buddy I understand your stance as prospective buyer. I'll keep updating.
    ravi_linea likes this.
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @VIJENDRA SINGH , last month my brother had faced similar issue with his Punto 1.2P. Same symptoms that you had mentioned was seen in his car, myself being an evidence. FASS (Balaji Fiat) analyzed the issue and the problem was with fuel pump and fuel filter. Bro got them replaced and since then is enjoying car as before, btw he had a good round trip from Dombivli to Vapi with no issues at all. Do keep us posted on the updates...
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  3. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    @mangeshtendulkar ;
    Bro, the fuel filter has been replaced already & the dealer has placed the order for fuel pump. After going through Vaibhav's post I will admit that the issue feels scary to me as I have to take my family to Jhansi (240 km from my place) on 20th of this month & I can not defer that trip.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @VIJENDRA SINGH

What you can control and must figure out esp for long drives is a good, unadulterated preferably COCO petrol pump(s): these parts of India are notorious for adulteration in fuel and everything else, as we all know. Conduct random 'sample tests' before you let them pump your car full: they are required by law and company-policy to do so for you on demand.

Before your trip to Jhansi tank up at a good pump, and see if you can, off the net, get tips from others on other reputable pumps on the way there and/or in Jhansi itself.

This is critically important for this problem to not recur.

By when are they expecting the fuel pump to arrive? Do they see fuel pump failures often: what are they saying?

cheers, do post updates

PS: this bad fuel mayhem you guys, like many others, are reporting makes me at least very reluctant about overlong highway/off-beat roadtrips, esp in North India. Maybe I'm getting 'old'! One reason why I've so far only driven the t-jet as far as Chandigarh on NH1, and fuelled only in Gurgaon and Chandigarh itself. Have resolved in future to use our Punto Active mjd 75 hp on any such future trips, if any, esp through UP up to Uttaranchal. Although diesel's even likelier to be adulterated with kerosene etc! I had a bad such episode on my Palio Stile petrol 4 years ago, which I've posted about earlier: even though it was fuelled at a COCO pump on the outer ring road in Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, no less: a very 'elite' area. Are Maharashtra and Karnataka et al better on average? Am dead sure they are, as they are on most other things?!
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  5. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot ;
    I am skeptical to quality control here. Henceforth I have to be more vigilant.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    After facing same problem twice, I am shifting towards use of premium petrol, not standard one which was adviced by the Fiat salesperson. Atleast there will be no adulterated petrol in my car then.
    prabhjot and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  7. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Vaibhav Rawat
    Buddy its always safe to fill at COCO pump, a lesson for us. I hope your ride is home back & back to its GLORY.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    @VIJENDRA SINGH I always fill at COCO but the thing is when you are travelling in Rural areas like in my case in Pauri Garhwal and beyond Almora, I have to refill the tank in tier-2 cities such as Haldwani or Ramnagar. Even though the petrol pumps there are COCO, there is a possibility of lower grade of fuel because not every city is getting BSIV oil. There are still many cities which are getting BSIII oil. I think that is causing the problem. Or maybe I am wrong and fuel adulteration is rampant in small cities which is causing me such troubles. But I m more vigilant now. I just hope it doesnt happens to me again or to anybody else.
    And yeah, Jet is home. Service centre guys attended it wonderfully and changed few parts on precautionary measures as guided by THE PUNE GUYS( FIAT Engineers) over the mail. Car is working very smoothly and refined. It feels better than it was when we brought it home from showroom. I am completely satisfied with the FASS and my JET.:happy::happy:
  9. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Buddy you can help me out in two ways:
    1. How to ascertain whether a certain filling station is COCO or not?
    2. What were the other replacement jobs that have been carried out on your ride?, as I received a call yesterday from service station they confirming that vehicle is ready to go.
  10. Vaibhav Rawat

Vaibhav Rawat Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    @VIJENDRA SINGH
    1. It is written on the receipt as well as on the board that the station in Owned By the Company.
    2. Replacements carried out were:
    (i) Fuel Pump
    (ii) Air cannister
    (iii)Fuel Tank Cap
    (iv)Fuel line as well as air line was checked thoroughly.