1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linnea T-Jet, "THE PROPER PATOLA"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by VIJENDRA SINGH, Nov 21, 2014.

1. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear friends, for zero dep insurance how much % of claim am I supposed to pay?
  2. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    I was told by the service guys that I have to pay 2500 to 3000! Anyone, any clue???
  3. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    There is a claim fee of 1K or 2k, I don't remember exact amount I had to pay during filing my claims. On top of this, for any paint/ cleaning job, we have to bear the cost. In my case, total repairs along with paint job was billed at 32K of which I had to shell out 5k from my pocket (inclusive of claim fee).
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  4. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
  5. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear friends, my T Jet is at work shop since 17.05.2015. The initial issue was repairing of dent & for the same the vehicle was delivered on 27.05.2015 but while returning from workshop the car suddenly started behaving abnormally. It would lose power & won't accelerate or cease to run & later engine stops. I somehow managed to take it to workshop. They changed fuel filter but the problem persisted & now they wish to change the fuel pump & they have promised the delivery on 08.06.2015.
    Any suggestions or its the pump that is causing all this trouble?
    Regards,
    Vijendra Singh
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @VIJENDRA SINGH, is this an authorized Fiat service station where you got dent rectified and you seem to be at the same workshop? If not, it could have an adverse impact on car's warranty.
    For the current issue, it could well be due to improper fuel/ fuel pump developing a snag due to it. Are you seeing any malfunctioning lights on the console? Else from some posts, I read that thick black smoke comes out if turbo/turbo pipe/hose fails, though it was mentioned for Diesel MJD and not sure if same symptom is applicable for a petrol turbo? Anyhow, did you see such a thing in your Tjet?
    Also tagging a few knowledgeable members to help you out.
    @prabhjot, @asimpleson, @gurjinder, @pabhishek.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @VIJENDRA SINGH

Hope this is a FASS. If not (because of your location?), you need to get it over to a FASS as soon as viable for a checkup of the job done.

Secondly, you sure this symptom cropped up only after the car had been at the 'workshop'? If so, and if as seems to/could/likely be true that it's a case of bad fuel=failed fuel pump, you'd better carefully try to get them to replace under warranty.....and waive other charges too. It will need 'delicate' handling, the FASS manager i mean, a matter of judgment on your part with which we'll be of no use to you with our ill-informed advice.

Be sure also to get the turbo plumbing checked out as well, preferably before the fuel pump job's implemented. Diagnostics should ideally be in-tandem, rather than in-sequence: saves time and money!

Others, with greater expertise and experience, here, will surely help out if there are any further doubts about the job done, ok? Do update.

take care, all the best.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and Saket Sidana like this.
  8. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Saket Sidana
    Its a FIAT authorized service station.
    No alarm observed on console. As far as I remember there was no thick smoke when the service guys were taking it for TD after fuel pump replacement job.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 31, 2015 ---
    @prabhjot
    I am sure the issue arrived after the car been to work shop. The showroom guys have assured me that the replacement of fuel pump will be under warranty. I will ask them to check the Turbo Plumbing.

Thank you @Saket Sidana & @prabhjot
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  9. ravi_linea

ravi_linea Timido

Delhi
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @VIJENDRA SINGH

This news is disappointing. Vaibhav Rawat had his fuel pump changed after his T-Jet started losing power apparently because of bad fuel and he has begun having problems again.

As a prospective Fiat buyer, this issue sounds discouraging to me :-(.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @ravi_linea

Bad fuel is very common, so....

Have me a 2014 new Linea t-jet: no 'issue' of this or any other sort.

Getting easily discouraged is the fate of many first-time prospective Fiat buyers! The negative perceptions among those unfamiliar with recent Fiats tend to act as a negative confirmation-bias filter, if you will, to one's research and thought-process.

Or so I've noticed with a few folks I know who thought of buying a Fiat. Some did, some didn't. Those who did love them, and are overall very satisfied, but even they were a bit paranoid (without reason it turned out, but 'paranoia' never has good reasons!) till say the first service.

Is there a risk? Sure. Is the risk inordinate, unusual, more than with other brands? All different 'risks' considered: far from it, the opposite is true. My opinion, but experienced and researched, not to mention honest enough, or so I would hope.:)

Of course 'caveat emptor' (Buyer Beware), but that's a universal maxim.:p

cheers
    Deepak likes this.