1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linnea T-Jet, "THE PROPER PATOLA"

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by VIJENDRA SINGH, Nov 21, 2014.

1. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    None taken;)
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    URGENT:
    Dear friends I went to Kanpur today (120 Km) & on return suddenly a loud noise (kinda horrible) started as if some metal has came under the car & got stuck between road & under body of car. All this happened on a jam one way during my exit. I couldn't see what was that thing. Can you guys tell what possibly it could be as I have to travel to Delhi on 11th (350 Km). I checked engine guard & mud flaps & they are fine. Thank you.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    drsantoshms likes this.
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    hi Vijendra. Congrats for your Baby and tJet in that order. believe me, a Fiat is the safest way for your family to travel. though safe, it can be as hooligan as your KTM.

anyways, about the thud sound/ metal sound. In all probability its just a piece of debris on the road.. something like a stone or can of coke when kicked up by your tires, can impact the underbody to produce that sound. u may not have anything to worry. though the details provided are a bit sketchy, it will be in your best interests if you can have a look at the complete underbody of your car by taking it on a ramp or getting it lifted by a hydraulic jack. also look for any oil leaks from the engine sump (will be seen below the car,on ground after you leave it parked for a few hours).
  4. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you @harryaviator , the sound persisted for few seconds (30 atleast). I am planning to get it checked by FASS (Kanpur, 120KM) tomorrow. Today noon I'll get it over the ramp & shall have the visual inspection myself (at car wash center near home).
  5. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    If you do visual inspection and found no under-body damage and there are no indication on MID console then there is no need to get it verified at FASS. Had there been problem, CANBUS would have reported it by now. Experts correct me, if I am wrong.
  6. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you @MakeTheMove , I inspected the under-body of the car & found marks of rubbing on the silencer although there were no dents. I have cancelled my trip to FASS. Thanks again @harryaviator & @MakeTheMove .
  7. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Guys finished my trip to Noida & it was a lot of fun. Got fuel consumption of 14.4 km/l(traffic jams) to Noida & 16.5 km/l (not much traffic jam) from Noida.
    My car's boot is not closing in one go, any suggestions?
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Linea's boot is slightly harder to close and much easier to open. even then, looking for leaks in the hydraulic shockers on either side of the boot will give a fair indication. if still not satisfied, the item is covered under warranty. will be replaced free of cost.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  9. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you @harryaviator
    The issue resolved by itself. Although I'll check those hydraulic shocker.
  10. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear friends, kindly enlighten me regarding the exhaust of Linea T Jet. Is it normal that the exhaust in the form of white fumes(sometimes a lot of it comes during start of drive)?