1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea's Dates With Punjab, J&K, HP, Uttarakhand And Chandigarh

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I have driven a few times to and fro Ooty [8000'] and Kodaikanal [7000']. But, as I said earlier, this will be my first ever driving expedition to Kashmir and Shimla.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. Ravi Sir,

Have you already prepared your checklist for long drive?how about medicines you may need.

-Sat
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Due leave availability of my children, I am reducing the number of days from 21 to 15, dropping Leh and further fine-tuning my itinerary as now my son is also joining the gang. My Linea is ready for the trip. No special medicines.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Leh Trip Revived

Somehow, mentally I am not inclined to drop Leh! Instead, more drop-outs of places and people! I cancelled my earlier hotel bookings and revised the entire schedule dropping Jaisalmer and Shimla. Now, only myself and my friend will be going in my Linea to Leh [or as far as my Linea takes us towards Leh!;)]. Recommendations for places of stay with facilities for car parking in Srinagar, Kargil, Leh, Nubra valley and Pangong Tso are most welcome.
    LehTripSchedule.jpg
  5. Bravo, Leh in linea, it should be possible but be careful while driving on pebbles and rocks.
    Problem is less air pressure in trye is good for grip on those pebbles but more air helps to maintain the GC,it's catch 22 situation,be prepared to take out some air or add depending on road conditions.
    I would recommend for manual or electric air filling unit.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Sat-Chit-ananda. My Linea is equipped with VIAIR portable air compressor.
  7. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Sir,
    Plz give detailed writeup everyday ( At least 01 small para ) and bunch of Linea photos (at least 5-6 at key locations)on various backgrounds of nagpur, Amritsar, kashmir, Leh etc.
    It will be a daily visited and most hot thread by many people like me and will be eager to read the daily small writeup n see ur beautiful Linea an scinic backgrounds.
    Many of us will get inspiration too....
    So plz carry one USB based Modem with internet connection and laptop.
    All the bests. Waiting for 13th Aug'11.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, nk4FIAT, for your good wishes. Yes, my Linea would carry them. For this purpose, I already purchased this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    All the reservations have been done. Myself and my friend will be staying at Army/BRO/RCC guest houses at New Delhi, Srinagar, Leh, Hunder, Tanksay and Chandigarh. In Nagpur, we will be staying at Peanut and in Amritsar, Hotel Sapphire. PAN/personnel details have already been sent to our BRO hosts for arranging innerline permits.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We will look forward for updates from you J.Ravi sir. I am sure this will be one of the lifetime experience and Linea will serve you well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.