1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea's Dates With Punjab, J&K, HP, Uttarakhand And Chandigarh

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I read from various automobile fora that the Jaisalmer-Bikaner-SriGanganagar-Amritsar route is a good, two lane NH with less traffic. So, I thought I could drive it in one day!
  2. Covering 800 to 1000 kms in single day !! are you planning to go with nitrogen for tires?.
    Are you planning to drive in the night?
    -Sat
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ravi keep posting the information this will help me also. Actually I postponed my trip as I dont have car in my hand. The reason is I sold out my Punto 1.2 Emotion & was planning to buy Linea.

Now I postponed to buy Linea.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    No nitrogen for my Linea's tyres, only ordinary air. I am going to drive Bangalore-Pune in night, all other stretches in day only, leaving early in the morning by 4 am.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    More drop-outs, more stays and more fine-turning!

More drop-outs [MountAbu], more stays [Sagar/Hyderabad] and more fine-tuning! Here is my latest trip schedule.
    TripSchedule2.jpg
    I have already reserved our accommodation at Ginger Ahmedabad/Haridwar/VivekVihar, New Delhi, to avail of early bird monsoon offer of 40% discount with complimentary breakfast.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    In Pune if you need any help feel free to call me. I will PM you my number.

Cheers
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Wow ..how did i missed this :(
    Anyway, I think your prime objective is to enjoy J&K. I would suggest removing of haridwar section and focusing on J&K since you have traveled almost 2.5K to reach there

Day 8: Local Site Seeing
    Day 9: Trip to Gulmarg, take gondla ride, enjoy skiing and snow up hill :D return Srinagar
    Day 10: Trip to Sonmarg and en route visit local gardens and other places return Srinagar
    Day 11: Trip to Yesumarg (can be optional) Local shopping / Rest etc.
    Day 12: Move to Phalgam take a pony ride to Switzerland of India :D - Night Stay
    Day 13: Phalgam to Jammu via Patnitop
    Day 14 - Jammu Site seeing
    Day 15 - Jammu to Simla
    Day 16 - Simla
    Day 17 - Simla
    Day 18 - Simla to Delhi

Srinagar:
    5* property: Hotel Grand International
    If you need house boats, I have a good recommendation
    Veg Food: Nathu's at Blvd Rd, opp to Dal Lake.

Gulmarg:
    Hotel Hilltop has a decent resturant, opp to Ice Skating Ring, near Gondola Ride Ticket Counter.
    Hotel Highland Park, Hotel Alpine and there is a small veg dabha while entering Gulmarg on right hand side.

Phalgam:
    Hotel Heaven, Hotel Phalgam, Hotel Pine and Peak
    In general food is not so great here :(

Sonmarg:
    No hotel as such, some small stalls.
    Carry your own stuff and enjoy :)

Yesumarg:
    Small Canteen
    Carry your own stuff and enjoy :)

Patnitop:
    Plenty of options available from Hotel Holiday Inn to Laxmi dabha, all along the road side.

Jammu:
    Hotel K C Residency, round revolving hotel, near Ragunath Temple. Lot of road side food and small hotels available in this region.

You can always do a second trip to cover Gharwal (Haridwar section) and Kumoan (Nanital Section)
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, kedarbendre. I have sent you PM/sms. I shall call you after I reach Pune.
    Well said, Viny. This is my maiden trip to Kashmir to acclimate J&K. I wish to drive in a 4x4 SUV for a week-long Srinagar-Leh-Manali trip in a couple of years. Thanks a lot for detailed suggestions, which will be highly useful to me during the trip.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Welcome Ravi Sir
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    J&K is awesome and beautiful, i have done both summer and winter circuits and it doesnt stop amazing me :)

Leh Circuit : Srinagar - Leh - Manali will require 15 days to cover some good regions in Ladhak region, say Zanskar, Nubra, Panong, Tso Kar etc etc. Ample time + 4x4 + camping is all what Leh is about :) Earlier you do it, better it is, slowly and steadily it has turned into Mecca of self drive travelors and in next few years it would turn into another hill station like manali or simla :( Already all the flights for JUNE, JULY, AUGUST are completely full with one way delhi-leh air ticket costing around 10K, Same costs around 2K in Jan./Fed :p

Hows your experience of driving on high hills?
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.