1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea's Dates With Punjab, J&K, HP, Uttarakhand And Chandigarh

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, kedarbendre. Sure, we will meet somewhere in this trip. I shall post my detailed itinerary as soon as I finalise it.
  2. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Ravi,

If you are driving all the way, why dont you go from Srinagar to Manali via Leh? Going that way would need 2-3 additional days. And depending on how many more days you can add, you can also visit Khardungla / Shyok valley / Pangong Tso and Leh itself. Kargil (war memorial etc.) will fall en-route and you would not have to spend any additional days for this. I know it can be a stretch, but it would be more than worth it!

Couple of points to add to Axn
    1. Jammu-Srinagar highway is open all night. But I would not recommend you go beyond Ramban (Chenab river crossing) after dark. Patni Top has decent places to stay, short of Ramban, if you need it. The entire road is a good quality 2 lane highway and remains fairly busy at all times.
    2. Haridwar - New Delhi highway is a decent 2 lane highway invariably full of very slow moving tractors carrying canes during the day. Travelling here in the day time can be very irritating, and at night very dangerous - you have to contend with Haryana Roadways (and UP as well) buses. Trust me, these are the most reckless drivers you'll ever see in your life. I will suggest, you should use the canal road (take a left at Purkaji - first town after Roorkee - and after crossing the Ganga Canal, take a right on to the road next to it) helping you avoid most of the traffic as well as major towns from Muzaffarabad to Meerut), joining the highway back short of Ghaziabad where it crosses the canal.

Hope this is helpful.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Wow another great trip in the making.. Waiting for all the details and then the travelogue.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, abk1980, for the tips. I am saving that route in my MMI Lx130 navigator. Neither me nor my Linea is fully prepared for Leh trip. I don't know, how far my Linea would cope up with stream crossings, bottom-scrapings, etc, which are many in that route. I shall do Leh in a couple of years. So, this is only a trailer for acclimating purpose!:)
    Thank you, royj. I shall post the details as soon as I finalize them.
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @J Ravi sir, really i'm speechless!! both of you & your Linea got a real enthusiastic heart!! such a long & fun to drive trip...even i want to explore our india in my LINEA...lets hope my dream will come true!
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the compliments, Tron.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Some places got chopped off, some others added and the route changed. Here is the detailed trip schedule of my Linea's proposed Kashmir trip. Comments and suggestions are welcome.
    TripSchedule.jpg
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Wow! Now that's a really long journey! :) Bon VoyagE :D
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, jishnu, for kind wishes.
  10. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Aren't those a lot of kms in a single day, esp. Jaisalmer to Amritsar? From what I remember (6-7 yrs back), that's a 2 lane highway with few bypasses. The surface was decent, but not great.
    Or maybe I think so because I have traversed those roads in a Gypsy / Jonga / 800. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.