1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linean'ant Beauty -- Tale of Possesion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by vsivaku, Nov 9, 2013.

1. vsivaku

vsivaku Novizio

Dear all,

I got delivered My New Pearl White Linea 1.3 MJD emotion on October 25,2013 at Fiat Caffe, Bangalore. I exchanged my Palio 1.2 ELX Royal Gold 2002 model in lieu of this beauty. This old, little car was serving our family faithfully for around 3 years, but became tougher to maintain it as it needed frequent visits to garages. We decided to replace it an year back and Having owned fiat for around 3 years, it was difficult to bring in mind any other car matching the same comfort and riding pleasure and hence our decision was totally biassed on buying another FIAT as replacement. Linea was our family choice as we needed a bigger boot and better interiors.

I have very little experience in driving, palio was my wife's daily commute vehicle to office. Got few bruises to it during my driving and decided to keep away from it as few of the cosmetic parts (e.g.: Plastic quarter glass) was impossible to procure.

Almost bought Linea 1.3 MJD 2011 make during last year october through stock clearance sale at KHT motors, but had to cancel the booking as the price i got quoted earlier was changed by almost a lakh due to poor communication from dealer which crossed my budget that time. Decided to live with palio until i accumulate the money to buy a new one. The one lakh exchange / loyalty bonus offered on Linea was tempting since august and hence booked finally with Fiat Caffe on September 29th.

Though me and my wife did not have second thoughts on other brands, forced compulsion of friends and relatives made us try the following brands--

1. i10 Grand - Good for city driving but steering handling and feedback is pathetic above 90 to say the least. No discounts on offer and a 3 cylinder diesel gave huge growl of noise inside the cabin which put us off.

2. Rapid / Vento - Almost booked one and cancelled after reading negative reviews on service and maintainence costs.

3. Amaze - Looks did not impress. Too small infront of Linea and bare basic interiors. Did not give a sedan feel.

4. Duster - Over priced. Our palio interiors looked more premium.

5. Ecosport- Confused looks and design. Poor visiblity from inside over A pillars, crunched rear bench for fifth occupant, Waiting period and so on...

Meanwhile, the company i work offered car lease scheme and i converted my booking under that. The car was in the plant and took almost 3 weeks to be at bangalore. The sales executive Mr.Touseef was very communicative during the period and kept posted about the status. When the car finally arrived to the stock yard of Fiat caffe, i was too busy at office and had to also go to my native. Took the plunge of skipping the PDI and luckily no issues emerged for me post delivery so far. Advice fellow members not to repeat my style, as luck does not favour everytime :)

Attached are a few pictures of the delivery.

DSC00822.jpg DSC00823.jpg

The VIN number read september 2013 manufactured and the speedo had a H30 on it during delivery. Opted for high security number plates (1k) and door visiors (1.5k) . Total discount offered was 1 L Loyalty/Exchange bonus + 4k corporate discount + Fiat OEM Reverse parking sensors + Fiat OEM absolute edition mud flaps + Boot mats. Insurance was taken by my lessor. Total on-road price came around 10.76L.

Took the car to 3M car care, HSR layout and put the N0-mad floor mats. Happy to see the shop sarrounded by FIATs everywhere, out of 6 cars on saturday evening there were 2 lineas, 2 puntos, one ecosport and one RAPID. The 3M owner himself was in praise of linea as he owns one.I was adviced by the owner not to hand over the car cleaning to appartment security staff as the car would develop swirl marks in it over a period of time. I bought 3M microfiber cloth, Meguliars car wash mitt, Car magic wipe cloth. Also bought jopashu duster, Amway Car wash, Amway Leather cleaner, Jopashu interior cleaner etc, Havent used them yet.

The positives so far:
    Sturdy build, though i miss the door closing thud sound from the palio.
    Looks - classy inside and timeless outside.
    16 inchers alloy.
    Well refined engine, not the crude one like Vento or Rapid, atleast from the sound it eminates.

Not so good points--
    No Bottle holders- I managed to buy Angry Birds Foldable Reusable Water Bottle Set of 5 Bottles | eBay, but looks el-cheapo.
    The white/creamy interior finish of 2013 model and the leather upholestry is a dirt magnet in contrary to the beige finish of 2012 model. Cannot afford to visit 3M every month or keep a chaffeur to clean up daily.
    Though common- the car leaves out water under body after run when ACC is used. Scared me out initially and got the fear elapse after reading posts by fellow users on this forum. since got a terrible experience with palio on the coolant leakage and took ages to diagnoize anf fix it. Some kind of auto-defrost could be put on linea to avoid this.
    Suspension - No match with Palio, though few may disagree with me. Havent driven the pre 2012 models, so could not comment on them.

Took the car to my native coimbatore, tamilnadu and it gave a good 16 KMPL so far. Keeping the revs low below 3000 RPM and waiting for the engine to set and open up. Will update this ownership log on regular basis.

Thanks for your patience in reading and have a great time ahead.

5 people like this.
  2. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Congrats !!! Post more snaps of your white beauty .

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats for the pearl white Linea. It does look classy in this color. Wish you many more happy miles with your second Fiat :up
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Siva for your White beauty. Wish you many crunching miles ahead.

You are very lucky to have a perfect linea without PDI. You are spot on the fact that once you own a FIAT it's always FIAT.

Cheers !
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Congrats for buying second Fiat.Linea in white looks Stunning.Happy miles with your second Fiat.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Congratulations on the white linea. The colour looks chaka chak on the car.

Kudos for sticking with Fiat. Once a Fiat always a Fiat.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Congrats on getting home the Linea. Let the tribe increase :)

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Linea.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Congrats Siva for the beauty.To me, all the above said points are spot on :D..
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  9. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats buddy....... wish a very happy and safe driving.....
  10. vsivaku

vsivaku Novizio

Thanks a lot guys for your wishes... Due to urgent work back at work, had to limit myself with few snaps.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Bharath. Good to see a novice review aligining to the masses :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Sooz,
    I had sleepless nights till delivery owing to this mistake from me till i saw the car in flesh after delivery... But, faults are not mistakes :)
    1 person likes this.