1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea TJet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Sujay, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Sujay

Sujay Amatore

New Delhi
    Friends, does the MID shows the distance to empty info? If yes, how to read it?
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Cycle through the menu, by clicking on the button at the end of the wiper stalk till you see "Range xxx kms". That is the distance to empty. But do not rely on it. From experience, I have found that to be very inaccurate.

Say, you hit an empty stretch and are cruising along at 70 kmph in fifth gear. With half tankful, the MID Range might show something like "350 kms". Then you hit a bumper to bumper stretch and start crawling in 1st and 2nd gears - now with the same half tankful, the MID will read "175 kms". I guess, the value shown is the distance you can go with the available fuel, if you continue driving the way you are driving right now. In real world circumstances, that information is pretty useless :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  3. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    There is an option "Range" that comes under the TRIP COMPUTER which will tell the the distance to empty info.
  4. Sujay

Sujay Amatore

New Delhi
    Thanks Rajan. Got it now. I was also wondering what the Range was. You have clarified both of my doubt. Yeah, I agree with you that the Range could misguide you same as the Fe shown on MID. The FE on MID shows 14.4 whereas the actual FE by thankful methods comes as 11.2.
    - - - Merged Post - - -

I got it. Thanks Arun
  5. Sujay

Sujay Amatore

New Delhi
    Hello friends, is there any way I can disable the seatbelt warning buzzer? It’s very irritating.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sure. Wear the seatbelt.

Cheeky response apart -

To disable till the engine is restarted-

1. Wear the seatbelt
    2. Turn key to MAR
    3. Wait for at least 20 seconds
    4. Undo seatbelt

To permanently disable - possible using MultiECUScan software. The ASC can do it.

Still, my recommendation - Wear the seatbelt. Even at low speeds, the airbag can cause a lot of damage, if seatbelt is not worn, in case of a collision. It is called SRS (secondary Restraint System) for a reason, the seatbelt being Primary.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  7. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Simple, engage the seat belt without wearing it,but it should be done in below 40km/h area .
    1 person likes this.
  8. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Is it not mandatory in New Delhi? Now it is in Chennai from 9th on wards.
  9. Sujay

Sujay Amatore

New Delhi
    I think you are getting me wrong here. I didn’t ask how to avoid wearing seatbelt. When I start from my society to office, I don’t wear the belt until I reach the main road and the same while returning home. My office is two km away from the main road. I am not saying that I don’t want to wear the seatbelt but the car doesn’t allow even 100 meter to drive without the belt.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is a problem very easily addressed. Drive at speeds less than 20 kmph, till you reach the main road. BTW, trying to wear the seat belt when the car is moving, is not a very good idea.

All said and done, don't you think it would be a lot easier, to get into the habit of wearing your seatbelt, the moment you sit in the car, even before you insert the key into the slot? That way, you would never ever experience that "annoying" reminder.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.