1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea T-Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sid_10000, Dec 21, 2010.

1. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Hello Everyone,

I am a new member on this forum. Its so good to have a good company here riding awesome machines :car . I was tracking Linea T-Jet from early 2010, after the auto forums were abuzz with turbo charged version of the Linea on offer. I was blown away by the specs and the probable cost quoted at that time.

I checked with fiat dealers time and again all through 2010 for the launch date. My search how ever ended in Oct 2010 when the launch date and pricing for TJET was announced. To be honest I found the price a little on the higher side than expected but after the test drive all my doubts were gone looking at how this car drove around. A superb turbo-charged petrol with safety features (airbags, EBD, disc brakes all around) made me book it instantly. I did not TD any other vehicle.

I booked my sunbeam beige TJET from Pundit Auto (only dealer for TJET in Pune) and got corporate discount and additional 1 year cover. The car cost me 9.43 On Road. The sales here are okay, nothing special to write home about. I had to really pressure them give the delivery of my car just before Diwali.

Accessories Added
    Mud Flaps / carpet
    UnderBody car protection
    3M sun film
    Engine Wax
    Mobile charger

These cost me approx 13k.

Some Pics: Although these are not good quality pics, I will upload some more later :)

[attachment=2:22ivz4en]Car1.jpg[/attachment:22ivz4en]

[attachment=1:22ivz4en]Car2.jpg[/attachment:22ivz4en]

[attachment=0:22ivz4en]Car3.jpg[/attachment:22ivz4en]

I have done approx 1.5K in it and here are my observations.

Pros:
    1.Turbo is awesome. The surge at 2K RPM is almost unbelievable. Its fun to drive. Can blow any other car to pieces....
    2. Interiors: Dual tone interiors look classy.
    3. Safety Features: Airbags and disc brakes all around are superb.
    4. Blue & Me is a cherry on top of a delightful cake. Steering mounted controls for making calls and for audio are very convenient [Not on any car in competition.
    5. Overall finish is excellent. The car looks much better than the competition (City or Vento or SX4 or Manza).
    6.Minor additions like Drive Me Home & Boot opener on remote or for that matter rear AC vent are welcome features.

Cons:
    A car this awesome can have some downsides too:
    1. Blaupaunkt speakers are a let down. Fiat could have put in better sound system.
    2. The center console s uninspiring. Dull Grey with nothing funky to match the vehicle's feel.
    3. The LCD screen is painfully small. Too many details packed in such a tiny screen. Should have been bigger. For that matter the entire assembly with speedo/tacho and screen could have been made more functional or youthful.

No other qualms with the car though. Its an awesome machine with eager to please engine. Needless to say I am in love with my car. Planning to replace the speakers to JBL or to XPLOD and get a spoiler soon.

Next on my list is a navigator, leather seats and Alloys and may be underbody lighting(which by the way my wife will kill me for).

Regards,
    Sid :up

p.s. The reason why I didnt go for TJet+ is the leather color(tone). Its too light and will get dirty too soon in Indian conditions (and especially when you have a 10 month old in your house).
    p.p.s waiting for the 1st servicing when the mileage would supposedly go up from the current 9 to double digits. :) sometimes I do miss my alto :)
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, sid_10000, on becoming a proud owner of a Fiat Linea 1.4T-Jet SBB. Enjoy driving the jet.
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Thanks Ravi :)
    I am indeed loving driving my car...
  4. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    Congratulations and welcome!! Take care of the Jet ::D From Alto to Tjet!! He he You'll definitely admire the power & build of the jet :up

In one pic the residue of the sticker can be seen on the front bumper. My Punto also has the same. TASC used one hell of a "For regn" sticker ::OO I cannot get it off completely. :A Any tips?
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Congratulations on acquiring the jet. The best part I found about Linea was ease of handling when graduating from Uno. No hassles at all. Happy mile crunching.
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    @redtux..... Those crazy left over sticker doesnt go .... I think it needs some scrubbing with lab solvent or kerosene... or may be a bigger number plate :D
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    use nozle spray/sprinkler having a mixture of a good detergent and water (simple word "soap water" :p), keep it wet for 5 - 10 mins, try to remove the sticker, if its still hard repeat the process, this should help you in getting rid of that left over sticker.
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    @Viny: I think it needs me to get off my lazy ass and try it myself.. :D

Any idea how much decent alloys and leather seats may cost? and a good spoiler (not the one fiat supplies)....
    and where can I get it in Pune?
  9. Congrats Sid!

TJet+ would have been better bet as that 16 inch alloy is too good. Other than leather seat covers I thought there are some additional features provided. But anyways, you drive T-Jet and that should be enough. Enjoy the drive :).
  10. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    @anand: apart from the alloy wheels and the leather seats there were no addons.... :)
    fiat was not ready to give me TJET with just the alloy wheels :(