1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea T-Jet version 2.0 update 14

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Kapalin, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

Congratulation kapalin
    For T jet
    Its not baby
    Its bull
    Imran ali khan likes this.
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Congrats @Kapalin. Sun Beam color looks gorgeous on a well designed Linea. Wish you many happy mile munching and safe drive...enjoy!!!
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Kapalin Cheers to you man, from a fellow new Linea T-jet Sunbeam Gold owner. :) This is so emphatically the best car in its class, it is NOT even funny ;-) And a great great improvement on the already excellent older Linea. Your Honda to Fiat migration is rare BUT shouldn't be, it's a bit of a no-brainer once one bothers to TD and research the new City and the new Linea, no?

all the best.
    Dilip patel likes this.
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Kapalin, congrats on your new buy. The car looks really gorgeous.

Happy revving.
  5. alextvino

alextvino Timido

Congrats for your new ride.you have chosen wonderful color
  6. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Congrats Kapilan for your Tjet :) from which dealer you bought this car ? RDC or Ramkay ?
  7. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Linea T-Jet
  8. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Kapalin,

Hearty congratulations, she looks absoutely stunning and I am sure must be making many heads turn on the streets of MAS :)

Wishing you happy mile crunching.

Please post more pictures, especially interiors as well.

Since you had a City before, how about a quick comparison between the two?

Take care and drive safe!

9. Imran ali khan

Imran ali khan Novizio

Muscat, Oman
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations Sir, The value of money paid is justified everytime you crank that engine ;)
    Tjet for Life...
  10. Kapalin

Kapalin Novizio

Linea T-Jet
    Hi Guys, I am sharing my experience on the Jet After driving 2000kms. This is just an Initial feedback.

Driving the vehicle in city:
    In the city traffic the vehicle handles well, no much of a jerk known in bad roads, due to high ground clearance it does not hit the speed breaker, even when loaded with 5 people and luggage's. There is a lag in low rpms, which is well aware. At times when vehicle stopped in city traffic and the immediate pickup from the engine is delayed. May be I need to get used to this. Making an uturn is easy. Gear shift and clutch is light and smooth. The speakers are decent, produce good sounds in AUX and CD's not on radios. I am yet to calculate the mileage in city.

Driving the vehicle in highway:
    The long drive was from Chennai to Ooty via Tanjore as I have to pick my friend.

The Trichy NH(4 way) is superb road with less traffic after Chengalpattu. Oh my god the vehicle is unbelievably smooth,powerful and solid ride. Enjoyed every minute on the steering. I drove at 140kms average speed and I did not feel any vibration( in Honda city 110kms I lose confidence on the vehicle due to jarring) at constant speeds I had a feeling I was inside a flight :) the steering was so responsive and overtaking was so easy. I passed through almost all the vehicles effortlessly, except one guy who passed me was Audi (I gave up, because he vanished in blink of my eye lol). Reached Tanjore in 6 hours(Minus the delay in 5 tolls and a snack break for 30mins).

Driving the vehicle in hill:
    Due to my lack of experience, driving in hill was quite challenging. The vehicle listened to the driver, the braking was too good at hair pin bends and the steering as well. But some how I did not get the adequate power in second gear to climb some of the hair pin bends, I had to come down to first and raise hard. May be I slowed down (my friend told me his swift diesel would climb in second with ease, I was silent), is it due to the body weight(4 people and 4 bags) or the turbo lag?. My uncle who stays there drove my vehicle and he drove at steeps and bends with somewhat ease. I understood it comes with experience and not something to do with the vehicle. He appreciated blue and me which is new for him and it works perfect.( he drives terrano now, earlier bolero). From metupalayam to ooty, One should never take the connoor road very narrow, worst road and traffic, always should prefer via kothagiri, superb road(extra 10kms) but misty, Did not worry much because the Automatic climate control took care glass visibility.

Some said I should not have taken to hill stations so early(untill 5000kms) as the rpm has to be raised more than 2000 quite often and that's not good for engine. I was bit worried that I made a mistake? (expert suggestions please) However I did not see any issues while returning. The drive was superb in hill(kothagiri road) and highway. It was raining heavily, automatic wiping sensors works as expected. All is well.

All over everyone loved the vehicle and the journey was not tired at all. Happiest moment was when I bet an over speeding swift in the highway :) (Now I spoke to my friend lol). I was totally in control, that was just to show once what the vehicle is capable of.

Thank You Guys for reading and this is my initial observation about my New Fiat Linea Tjet.
    5u3zEr0, VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.