1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea T Jet+ Hip Hop Black with 1 Lakh kms on the Odo

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Rajen, Dec 15, 2010.

1. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai
    I have crossed the 2000KM mark on my T-jet and just getting a FE of around 8 Kml.

I am quite surprised to see such high FE number on a T-jet for other owners.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey donzil, are you revving it too much. I too am getting a really great FE. I have achieved 16.2 max in the city and achieving 15 is no problem at all. I do it almost everytime.

Wht ive noticed, speed 80-90, no frequent gear shifts, less braking, no hard acceleration, Short shifting = FE 14-16

Frequent Gear shift, frequent braking and acceleration, high revs = FE 10

tRY this and tell us bout the difference. If you have already tried these, do tell us bout ur driving style.
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Try this.. I get around 10.5-11.5 in b2b traffic..

1. Try shifting at 1500RPM to higher gears. maintain 50-60 in City and 80-100 in Highway steadily
    2. Dont accelerate hard and do decelerate steadily.. no start-go-stop..start-go-stop types..
    3. In slow moving traffic, I slot in 2nd or 3rd, and just leave the car to move by itself. In 3rd she does 20 consistently without me pressing the pedal.. All I do is brake as necessary and keep moving.

I follow these and I get good FE.. let us know even if this doesn't work.

Regards,
    Sathya
  4. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai
    When i changed the consumption units to km 1/100 the Average feul consumption showed 13.2, but when at km/1 it shows FE of 7.6.

Are your FE figures as per km 1/100 or km/1?

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I can improve on the FE figures by some smart driving.
  5. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

Install Ecodrive.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    donzil_pinto figures by other members are in km/ltr.
  7. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes. My figures are in Km/Ltr.
  8. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Mine as well in km/lt unit. I think the driving style plays a major role in improving the FE. Good Luck.
  9. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    My last fill gave me a mileage of 10.5.
    Jan 2nd - filled the petrol
    Jan 13th - filled it up again.
    from 2nd to 3rd - about 3 days was bumper to bumper. and the days was better but still city drive only.
  10. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Visited Prerana Motors to collect the manual of my car. During the delivery of my car (T Jet) they had given me Linea Manual and Linea Service Coupon book which latter I found out ,when I checked for first service when nearing 3000 Kms. Called up the dealer that time and sent mail to Fiat at Pune asking them to arrange for the correct maual and service booklet.

Today called up the dealer and they had confirmed the receipt of the correct manual and service book. When I was given the manual and service booklet , found the manual is for T jet (Only few pages different from Linea manual) but the service booklet is for Linea once again. :A . So both Fiat and the dealers never bother to check these documents . The dealer SR guy asked me to send an email requesting Fiat to send the correct Service booklet. ::OO

The reverse parking sensor fitted on my car was not functioning properly and the dealer has replaced with a new one.

Fiat is introducing a new color for T jet as per the dealer.