1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea T Jet+ Hip Hop Black with 1 Lakh kms on the Odo

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Rajen, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Soumik

1. Did you do any turbo related work during the 1 lac km? :-

No. Have not done any Turbo related work as of yet.

2. Did you notice any increase in vibrations or noise after 1 lac km (as compared to the new car)? :-

There is no increase in noise and but there is a slight vibration in the steering.
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I wouldn't claim something like that for my Linea MJD, not after 3.5 years! Though, no complaints!

IMHO, the human body has capability to accommodate to changes that occur gradually over some period. It even accommodates sudden changes after initial resistance, given continued exposure. Its human psych that we tend to forget singularities over a period. Therefore, when I say that there isn't any change, it may or may not be true. But if you have some sort of yard-stick to check against, you can be sure. I don't deny that one can have a very sharp memory about how it felt the first time to compare with, as @Rajen probably has, but 6 years is a long period for me to recall.
    kinetic and mchanna like this.
  3. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Rajen,

Do you change the engine oil at 7.5k intervals or only during a normal 15k service?
  4. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome Rajen! It is great achievement to clock 1Lakh KM.
    What I like is your car is running on stock clutch, no changes to suspensions and its performance is as good as day one car.
    Hats off to you man for maintaining the car so well. Keep clocking miles and Happy flying!
    Rajen likes this.
  5. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations Rajen.. That's some serious miles munching. Wishing you many more happy and safe miles in the JET.

I'm doing some extra miles in my jet too with 37k on the odo in 24 months but it's an absolute beauty to drive. I always look out for a reason to hit the highways once a month to satiate myself.:D
    Rajen likes this.
  6. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Soumik

Except the last service , when Engine oil was changed the engine at 12K , used to change engine oil at 15K service as recommended by Fiat.

Thank you.

Thank you Krish.

I do look out for an excuse to take my jet on the highways. Most of my run is on the highways. (Mostly on Ble-Erode-Cbe-Blr , Blr-Mysore-Blr and Blr-KGF-Blr , few times Ble-Chennai-Blr and now Blr-Vellore-Blr
    krish1484 likes this.
  7. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Since you have covered 1 lac km without any turbo work I have a question. Do you always use the turbo when you drive or do you use it sometimes? You know what I mean. :)
  8. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    This is something I never thought possible. The turbo is there and kicks in after crossing say 1500-1800 rpm in mjd. Is it not so in TJet? I don't think there is anything like 'use turbo' or 'not use turbo'!
  9. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Correct, so let me rephrase my question.

Do you use a hard foot or a sedate one? :)
  10. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Soumik

In the city traffic using Turbo would be possible some times. Mostly sadate. Very few times hard foot. On the highways use sadate foot and some times hard foot when overtaking or on an empty stretch known road