1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea T Jet+ Hip Hop Black with 1 Lakh kms on the Odo

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Rajen, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Hi Rajen, sad to see the scratched bumper. Good that you painted it immediatelty.
    How much did you spend on the painting ?
  2. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    bnjon

Thanks for your concerns.I was sad to see first visual scratches though my car has had very small scratches earlier which i painted myself using Com-Paint Touch-Up spray.

The painting cost me Rs 1000/- (negotiated from the initial quote of Rs 1500) and includes waxing after the paint on the rear bumper .
  3. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    An quick update

My T Jet crossed 13,500 Kms now. Made two trips to Mysore in the recent past and last weekend made 540 Kms Journey (Blr-Erode-Blr). FE was 15.6 Kml.
    All is well except the front passenger lever got struck of . Need to rectify the same. Tomorrow will make one more trip to Mysore and back.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Why not compaint?? I guess you used it in past any specific reason?
  5. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Viny

The problem started last week. Instead of going to ASS which may take 2/3 hours, decided to wait for the second service at 15000 Kms which may happen by next month.
  6. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Excellent Fiat Road Assistance .

I left Bangalore at 5.45 AM and reached Mysore at 8.15 AM. After having breakfast reached the customer place for the meeting at 9.00 AM.

Having an instance of theft of my Lap top which was kept at the rear seat of my old car, now a days I keep Lap Top in the rear boot.

While taking out the Laptop Out from the boot I had mistakenly left my car key inside which I realized latter.

The option were two. Get the spare key from Bangalore or use Fiat Road assistance.

Called up Fiat Road Assistance and got the response and key was retrieved within 1 Hour 30 Minutes after reporting.

Happy with the excellent road assistance provided by Fiat.
    1 person likes this.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Rajen- Glad the Fiat RSA was of good use. In my case it wasn't the same.
    BTW-How did they do it?
  8. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Glad to see that RSA is prompt and useful.
    To add to Teky's question, did they charge anything?
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Can you explain in detail how the key was retrieved, did they came up with duplicate key?
    How much does it cost?
  10. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Teky,abk 1980 and Viny

Thanks for your response.

The key was retrieved after opening the Driver side door.

The technician has brought a lengthy rod with a notch at the bottom.

After discussing with me (confirming there would be not be any leakage problem and having satisfied with the procedure) he initially dislocated one screw inside the Chrome Plate and rubber bleeding outside the Driver door below the glass window. Then removed the Chrome plate and the rubber bleeding.

There is gap between the window glass and the door frame. Using the rod with the notch , he removed the manual locking rod from its position. Then the door opened.
    Then folded the rear seats and retrieved the key from the boot. He refitted the rubber liner and the Chrome strip. Asked me to use a drop of Feviquick to seal the screw latter.

Now I would not be able to lock the door manually. The dislocated locking rod to be placed in its original position. Will get it done at ASS when going for the second service.

It didnot cost me anything. This is part of Fiat Road Side Assistance. Just signed the service report.

Fiat call center called me back after 1 hours of the job done to confirm the same.:dancing.

Road Service is being done by MYTVS and not their Dealer in Mysore. Fiat could be tied up with MYTVS for this service.
    1 person likes this.