1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea T-Jet from Egypt

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by yoko89, Feb 14, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    hmm.. so it means that this turbo can fit our indian cars as well.
  2. any turbo can fit but you will have to modify the exhaust
  3. Inter-cooler is fitted increased the lag :mad:
    but reduced the intake temperature from avg of 48 to avg of 36 degree Celsius
  4. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Amazing Mods.

Drive Safe
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Try one thing, install a Y junction and add one more fiat TJET intercooler itself.
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Bigger the intercooler, more the pressure drop across the intercooler.( temperature and pressure propostional) So it automatically means that you down the temperature of the intake at the downside of loss in pressure. So the lag is actually because the turbo takes more time to bring up the pressure in the intercooler.

I envy you brother. Having a great time ;-). Are you still with the long throw gear box and clutch ?
  7. Thx
    more intercooler volume means more lag
    I know and i found a leakage in the system and after that a silicon hose got loose and no boost at all i will re fit the hose today and i will try another time and if i could i will post the car readings
    1 person likes this.
  8. Yes I still use the stock gear box and stock clutch (the stock one in tjet is the same as abarth clutch)
  9. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What is the pressure decrease across the intake and exhaust of the intercooler ? Does this mean you need to increase boost to compensate for the bigger IC ?

That is news to me. But what i actually wanted to know is that do you have any ideas using a short shifter and may be a short throw clutch. I mean, modify only the travel of the clutch pedal
  10. the boost decrease and the lag was due to a loose connection with the IC now no pressure drop nor lag
    short shifter will be a nice add
    a short throw clutch i don't know if it is available for our cars