1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea T-Jet from Egypt

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by yoko89, Feb 14, 2012.

1. It was illegal racing and no way to race this car with my mobile in my hand
  2. yesterday i reached more than 240km/h i was feeling that i am flying and yes i am was flying the car was not stable at all
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have a Corolla 1.6GLI in Kuwait, Which does a Max of 205 kmph. and i was like flying with the Tin sheet
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats a scary speed. Indian highways are best suited for speed of upto 100kmph at max. Legal speed is 90kmph on most highways.

The speedometer reads a max. of 220kmph on our cars.
  5. Egypt is exactly the same except for few road legal speed up to 120km/h
    my car speed is exactly as yours my car do 200km/h on 5000rpm that day I crossed the 6200rpm by calculations I crossed the 240km/h
    I was racing a Mercedes C300 it was almost neck to neck from 20 to 200km/h then i de-accelerated a little due to a curve in the road (i am not that brave to take it with this high speed) then passed him will i was 240+ km/h (his car top speed is 240km/h)
    2 people like this.
  6. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    That's a scary speed! Are you sure you're tyres are capable of handling those speeds?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. they just are (v rated 240km/h) next time i will change them with better speed rating and better traction rating
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    3 people like this.
  8. I got to my baby a new inter-cooler from renault megane RS 2.0L turbo it is bigger than t-jet stock intercooler by 60% in the total volume and 40% in the frontal face
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    this is something even i was thinking of and thanks for doing this.
    Now questions..
    1.) Is the turbo your using the same as the one that comes in the 90HP punto in India?
    2.) how much did it cost for the megane's turbo?
    3.) how much was the new/bigger intercooler cost?
    4.) Ideally when you change the turbo you will have to get a remap done on the ECU to accommodate the changes. Did you do anything like this?
  10. 1&2) my new turbo is garret td04 came out from a Mitsubishi lancer engine and my stock one is as the linea t-jet 110hp ihi vl37 and i bouught it used and costed me 700 EGP (it used to cost 1000EGP)
    3) the inter cooler was from megane RS it costed me 400 EGP (it used to cost 700EGP)
    4) remap was done by etuners and costed me 4000 EGP

NB
    [TABLE="class: ucc-result-table"]
    <tbody>[TR="class: uccRes"]
    [TD="class: leftCol, align: right"]1.00 EGP [/TD]
    [TD="width: 6%, align: center"]=[/TD]
    [TD="class: rightCol, width: 47%, align: left"]8.90190 INR[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]
    4 people like this.