1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea T-Jet from Egypt

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by yoko89, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Good evening all
    My name is Ahmed I am from Egypt i am a new member here and got Fiat Linea t-jet Emotion pack 2009
    my car has done more than 51k km on ODO till now in almost 2 years and 4 months

the main futures in my car are:
    6 airbag
    16"rims with 195/55 tyres
    digital A/C

main mods till now (in time order -older first-):
    1) cstom made leather for the all interior
    2) k&n panel filter (replaced later by an universal one).
    3) EBC grooved discs and EBC Green Stuff Pads.
    4) custom made exhaust 2.5 inch post turbo (catalytic converter removed)
    5) custom made intake to get CIA
    6) turbo timer.
    that's all i remember for now

next planed mods:
    1)Eibach springs pro kit lowering 35mm (ordered but didn't arrive yet)
    2) bigger turbo (got one but didn't fit it)
    3) remapping ECU

that's for now

here are some pic of the car before modding it
    (sorry it had the website of the arabic forum but i can't find the original pictures)
    the interior:

After modding (i will get other pic tomorrow)
    imag0173w.jpg imag0178a.jpg
    imag0134z.jpg imag0179a.jpg imag0181copy.jpg

and this is a pic of one of my broken rims from my last accident caused by oil spot in the middle of turn on the airport street
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Welcome aboard Ahmed. Great to have you onboard.

I see some serious mods on the Jet ! Great to hear you de-cat the exhaust ::D Is that a 3" dump pipe?

3. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    Linea 1.3
    welcome man,
    Your car looks great in this colour.this colour is not available in India.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Warm welcome Mr.Ahmed,let me the first to lay the red carpet to you,to our forum,country.
    Your Linea is a looker,this colour is not yet available in India.
    Very glad to know that Linea comes with 6 airbags in your country,sad to note that the knee room at the rear is very poor,just like our Lineas!
    Have a pleasant stay.
    Happy to note that Fiat sells car in Arab countries,saw only the Toyatas and Porches in UAE.
  5. my car isn't that serious in mods (my two friend one with grand and the other with linea t-jets are approaching 200hp now)
    and this is the standard dump pipe fited in my custom made air intake
    yes it is a nice color and in Egypt there are no white at all
    in gulf countries it is hard to find fiat but in Egypt there are a lot (i own a fiat 128 model 1977 car and i still had it)
    and for the knee room isn't a problem as i am short enough that the rear is very spacious

some more photos:
    custom made leather interior

turbo timer
    engine running without a key
    the custom exhaust (the rear box)
    i will bring the full exhaust pic when i lift the car
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

@yoko: Welcome, glad to see someone from Egypt having fun with Linea :)
    I was wondering what kind of mod you did to make car engine running without keys :eek:
    Kindly share more details about this modification.
  7. Welcome aboard Ahmed, our love for FIAT crosses all human perceived borders, your car is looks stunning.
    Please post your ownership experience and reason for you to buy a FIAT.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  8. it is the turbo timer
    it is a timer to let the engine run idle for some time after getting out of the car to cool down as boosting the turbo along time will increase it's temp. and stopping the engine will cause burned oil on the turbo axel
    i will as soon as possible
    and i am a great fan of fiat
    and i have a team here in Egypt all love's fiat and some of them tuned there cars for 200hp and even more
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

Welcome to TFI, Ahmed. Your car is a beauty!

Interesting bit about the turbo timer. Have any other come across something similar in India? How much work is needed to do this mod? Any wire cutting? Can you give us some more details about this mode?
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

First of all a very warm welcome to Ahmed. Nice to see a Fiatian from oceans away. TATA and FIAT both have good presense in egypt.

Well a turbo timer is widely used in India too on modded cars. Its not that costly and a very good device. it helps the mandatory idling for 1 minute etc to keep the turbo healthy.

Generally its plug and play with few wirings to be hacked from oem and can be easily fitted on tjet and mjd in india too.

i almost purchased one, but then i have a very good habit of idling my car for atleast 1 minute. so i gave up :)