1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea chose me

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by npns15, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npns15

npns15 Timido

Mumbai
    Hi,

After numerous discussions, test drives and poring over websites I have just booked a Linea MJD Emotion (Flamingo Red).

Was graduating from Dad's trusted M 800 and had decided on buying a new car for our self. And with Dad helping out with Vitamin M was able to plan for a sedan. Love You Dad

Priorities were good fuel economy, has to be a looker and should have good driving dynamics as I love to drive. Was a biker through my bachelor days and still game for long trips on my Enfield Electra.

Well we shortlisted the following cars:
    (a) Vento - out of budget and doubtful A.S.S
    (b) SX4 - newly launched diesel model. but somehow i wanted a different
    product this time.
    (c) Verna - new model was about to be launched and was skeptical about handling part
    (d) Optra - Loved it, but shortage of Vitamin M
    (e) Linea - Wow that was the word which came to my mind every time i passed a Linea. Was in love with it from the day it was launched. And was ready to book it without a TD as well

Finally booked a LINEA MJD EMOTION in 2nd week of May 2011
    Have been told a waiting time of 15-20 days
    :drinks
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Welcome to TFI, npns15. Congratulations and best wishes on booking a lovely Linea.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    welcome to team fiat india and congratulations for new car. Do upload some photos.....
  4. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congratulations to your Italian beauty for choosing you. Have a safe and happy drive
  5. npns15

npns15 Timido

Mumbai
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Will post pictures when i take delivery of my car.

Meanwhile planning to upgrade from stock tyres to 195/65/R15 for better GC. Please advice
    Also, should i get a Teflon coating, under body coating done as the dealer if offering the same as part of Value added pack

Ps: Moderators if this in not the correct forum for Queries then you can delete this post will re-post on the directed forums.
  6. Warm welcome to TFI and congrats on your Linea.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    nons15 Congrats on the great car, we are all awaiting to hear and view the pictures of the Italian Bwauty straight for theShowroom,
    ofcourse you may go for the teflon Coating, But Underbody coating i have done during my first service.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard npns

Have a look here for the very important PDI check.

And i would sincerely advise you to avoid teflon coating. Its not worth it, even if its free.

Ride the car for a few days to determine whether you actually need that little bit of extra ground clearance. Because 195/65 R15 will give you only a marginally increased ground clearance, not much.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing your car's pics.

Gurjinder.
  9. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Hey there... great choice... Congrats & welcome to the club :)
    Do post pics when you take the delivery...
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Ownership thread created here - My Linea arrived.

This thread is closed now.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.