1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea arrived

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by npns15, Jun 2, 2011.

1. npns15

npns15 Timido

Mumbai
    Hi,
    Everyone carried out the PDI (thanks to Team Fiat and Gurjinder) in detail on 30 May and took delivery on 31 May from Basudeb Auto, Ranchi.
    Mud Flaps (not the Fiat authorised ones) and Mats were the only accessories i got.
    The whole experience was very pleasant and the entire staff was very patient with us during the entire PDI which took me 2 hrs including going through all features.

Left for our home at Kharagpur (approx 230 km) immediately.

However, had a terrible incident on the same day when just 10 kms away from home a dog came running onto out path on the highway.
    Couldn't avoid impact as there was not enough reaction time and plus there was a long line of trucks behind us moving at 50-60 kmph.

The impact resulted in following damages on immediate inspection which was confirmed by the Service manager also post inspection at Kolkata the next day :
    (a) Lower grill and front bumper cracked
    (b) Left Fog Lamp and headlight supports broken
    (c) Slight damage to inter cooler fins

Will be posting the snaps taken during PDI and delivery soon

MODs: Please change the title to 'My Linea arrived'
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tough luck, but shouldn't be a big issue. The damages shouldn't cost you much, hope they do it quickly.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats on the delivery.

Sorry about the unfortunate incident you had.

Cross check whether the intercooler plumbing is in top shape or not. Check for any leaks, just to be sure. Also a preliminary check of all the hoses etc in the affected area would be a wise thing to do.

Gud luck .

Gurjinder
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, npns15. I am sorry about the unfortunate episode on the very first day.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Firstly congrats on the car. Dont let the incident dampen your new car ownership feelings.

The insurance and the service center will get the car to its original shape.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Linea.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    congrats on ur new linea...:) let the incident not dampen ur spirit!! being in kgp why did u buy the car from ranchi. Are you from ranchi. i mean kolkata is nearer otherwise..
  7. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Hey there... welcome to the club... Congrats on your new car...
    And dont get disheartened by the accident... your ride will be back in shape soon.. :)

Wishing you a great time with your ride ahead...
  8. congrats on the car.
    leave such things behind.
    these are somethings which cannot be changed.tough luck
    take care
    drive safe
  9. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hey welcome to the league.... and have a nice time with your MJD. Don't worry much on the accident. TASS should be able to set right that to its original format.
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Congrats for your mJD!! Drive safe! :)
    Jishnu