1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Linea 1.3 MJD mileage issue

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Akash Sood, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Akash Sood

Akash Sood Timido

Indirapuram
    Hey! its touching 2000KM and just 55 days old, in Delhi i'm getting max 15 KM/L. I'm' not sure should I expect more at this stage or not? But I've heard people getting 17-18 even with A/C.

Guys kindly comment!! :D
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mileage depends entirely upon the traffic and driving style. :) Best way to make sure everything is alright is to check the mileage on highways after resetting the trip meter.

15kmpl seems fine depending upon the type of Delhi traffic. I find it really tough to drive in that traffic and 15kmpl sounds alright. Even in Chandigarh traffic, I am getting 17kmpl in Punto without AC.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Mileage - Linea MJD Emotion

And here goes my first post in team-fiat. Never thought I will be owning a Fiat after being a Maruti loyalist for a trouble-free 8 good years. Now I own a 2013 Linea Emotion since Feb 1st 2014.

My car has done close to 3500Kms, mostly city drives especially on the traffic-heavy bannerghatta road and occasional drives on NICE road. Below is the FE that I have got till now, is this fine? Or is it on the lower side?

FullTank to FullTank ------------------MID

15.09------15.5
    14.17------14.8
    13.24------13.4
    13.50------13.7
    12.94------13.8
    13.04------13.5
    2 people like this.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you use AC?

If its on Bangalore traffic heavy roads roads, then it seems fine. Also, please note the FE depends on many factors, one very important one being our driving style.

The best way to find if everything is ok is to check FE on highways. :)
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Arun,

Welcome to TFI. I feel you did a right move by picking up the Linea.

These numbers are perfectly fine in city traffic with AC. With Bannerghatta road traffic you are still getting decent numbers. I too was getting around 14-15 kmpl in peak traffic.

With altering my office timings a bit, the number has gained a little beyond 15.5 kmpl.

PS: with the amount of dust these days in Bangalore, get the air filter dusted out every 5k kms. If it's clogged, replace it and the cost is easily recovered with higher mileage. Engine revs freely too as a bonus.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
  6. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, its with 100% AC usage.
    Sure, I have planned for a highway drive during this month end, will keep a tab on the FE check.

Thanks Krishna!
    Sure, I will get the air filter dusted/replaced as required. Planning to drop the car for first servicing in another 10 days.
  7. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My Linea has crossed 3500 kms and am getting 16+ kmpl in Chennai traffic consistently with 100% AC on. I feel it's an excellent mileage for a new car.

Luckily my office starts at 12 noon so I shall avoid peak traffic.

Other than this, below few things I follow while driving car/bike.

- Always use fuel in same bunk
    - Only apply clutch and break if needed, instead of breaking at all times downshifting gear will work
    - Never drive with half clutch as much as possible
    - Never accelerate/break all of a sudden unless really needed
    - Instead of taking congested short route better go with straight/less traffic route even though the distance is more
    - Downshift the gear according to the speed of the vehicle (i.e. driving in proper gear ratio), because some may feel that driving in higher gear will fetch more mileage but that's not true

Above all keep the vehicle in excellent condition, anyhow no one needs to tell this to TFI'ans ;)

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
    3 people like this.
  8. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Man welcome to club... U r linea mileage is fine bro dnt worry about it and already done 3500 on odo so plz wait about ur mile cruncher

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  9. Hey Guys,

I have the same problem in Grande Punto Emotion.

Last week Saturday I took a Long drive and the mileage is only about (15.37 high way) and the city conditions (15.32 city).

This is so weird where the city and high way mileage is almost the same. I use the same bunk for fuel (diesel) and I have filled Nitrogen in tyres.

Any advice on this guys? Should I go to a ASS and

1. Have them check for fuel blockage
    2 Leakage of some kind

Seriously I am very much worried on this.
  10. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    I took my linea on it first long drive today, Bangalore-Salem-Coimbatore-Bangalore.
    Total Kms: 753.5
    FE(Full Tank Method): 18.84
    FE MID: 19.4
    Speed: 80-110
    AC: 100%
    This also includes 30Kms city drive in Salem and Coimbatore.

Does this FE look good? Any scope for increase after first service. I will be dropping the car for first servicing next week. Currently is around 4600 Kms
    Masum Reza likes this.