1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+ - First Pit-Stop Completed (5500kms)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by punto-er, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ohh yes my Bad. When I read rear hit my mind actually traveled to an incident I had in the initial days of ownership when this reverse lamp cluster got broken & forgot that you had mentioned Tjet.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    happy to know that nothing happened to your tjet!! :p

one more thing which we usually do not observe in these kind of hits on bumper is that the bumper gets slightly bulged at the place where it meets the rear fender on both sides. this usually happens due to some metallic clamps getting bent from inside which can be sorted easily. please check for this also.
  3. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru
    Quick Update after the valuable suggestions from you guys.

Checked the number plate and the surrounding areas. The light is intact and lights-up too. Thanks for this lil details though.

Hey Shams, I re-checked the whole bumper and surrounding areas. The bumper is alligned perfectly with the wheels arches, no clips look damaged. I also inspected by touching and feeling her rear :D and all the curves are still the same.

Again thanks for all the suggestions/pointers guys, very helpful and insightfull.

I will post a pic of the bumper area taken in sunlight tomorrow for better review from all you fellas. Thanks again.

:eek:fftopic @Shams: PM are bouncing back mate, your inbox seems full.
    1 person likes this.
  4. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Re: My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+

I had exactly the same experience a year back on pune Expressway toll booth. A punto banged me while I had just paid and waiting for my toll receipt . The whole car was jolted with a loud noise and my linea moved with handbrakes engaged. I stepped out in rage but had absolutely nothing to shout at to the punto guy who was already very scared and apologetic.

And just last week, I had exactly same jolt, same intensity while I was traveling in my friends ANHC. I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking...

uploadfromtaptalk1357668955703.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357669212887.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  5. Re: My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+

Why you posted the pic of beat? It banged into your friends ANHC?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Re: My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+

Yeah. Ofcourse, and good question btw considering the fact that the beat has no visible dents except for a cracked number plate.
  7. Re: My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+

Wow!! Wonder how beat could have done such damage to the ANHC. I thought for a second ma6be a punto banged the ANHC.

8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I believe Beat also has this flexible bumper (which retracts automatically upon impact). When I visited Chevy counter in Blore Auto Expo, the sales guy was highlighting and explaining only this feature to everyone. He was going on banging the rear bumper of the demo car :evilsmile

Am wondering what would have been the state of ANHC if a Punto / Linea would have caused the damage instead of a Beat :lol:
  9. Re: My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+

European cars are strong built compared to japs, but the sales guy banging the car again and speaks of lot of confidence they have in their product...

10. Re: My Jet has landed : The Fiat Linea TJet+

Btw an off topic question wherebwas he banging the car to? Another beat I suppose was getting beaten up..