1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Jade Blue

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Krishna Menon, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    That thought crossed my mind of course. :) But not ready to experiment right now {you know why} :) Wasn't able to recognize you with the ID, though!! Can I match a face to the ID..
  2. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    vj_v1 is Vighnesh right?
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Correct.

We had no intention to try this on your new car, but there is nothing wrong in you thinking that we would have done that. I would have thought the same too if i were in your situation. ;)
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    We have activated the LED from the Dashboard Module first using the MES. Then we have connected as Idea 1.4 8V and Enabled the CC from the Body module and then did a proxy alignment. We then connected the Pin 85 with the 12V power from the battery and we got the "Cruise Control On'" message on the MID.

Srikanth Addala (owner of the Linea 1.4 FIRE) is least intrested in the CC as he thinks taking the 1.4 FIRE on a highway will burn a huge hole in his pocket and instead would take his Innova whenever he wants to hit the highway. He was kind enough to let us try (he was curious aswell) if we can do what we claim has been already done on another car. If at all he is intrested in taking the plunge to get the fully functional CC, he would first need to order the stalk, then request you to spare few MQS connectors if you have any or atleast the source from where you procured. Then we might give an actual go for it. This all will happen if he changes his mind and really wants a CC on his car. There is nothing new to report and all we did was to follow your instructions (half way through) and get satisfied by looking at the message in the MID.

Rest assured, we wouldn't touch your car without your intrest or consent. If you are really willing to get it sometime down the line, we might lend some assistance, as it is all we can do from our end.

Exactly. Even, I would have got the same doubt. First time we go and meet a bunch of new guys, who are fiddling with multiple cars (MJDs in particular) and they claim that so far only the Petrol Lineas have been successfully installed with CC. The very next thought would be, "Is my brand new car going to be the next lab rat?" LOL.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    As on today, Jade Blue completed 400 Kms. The Fuel Efficiency (may be too early for me to post this, don't know) is 7.4 Kmpl. All driving is with in city and in bumper to bumper traffic. Can someone throw light on the numbers. Does this depend on the constant gear shifting b/w 2nd, 3rd and very little time in 4th gear. Never in 5th gear yet.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Also, last Saturday got the permanent registration work finished. Have to apply for the high security number plates now. Does anyone already know how to do this?
  6. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    You should expect the FE to improve after the first 1000 odd kilometers, having said that if your looking to improve your fuel efficiency you should try to reduce the idling time at signals wherever possible. 4th and 5th gears are rarely used in cities now a days, I am usually happy if I can shift into 3rd ;). Do take her on the long drive soon so that she can breathe easy :).
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  7. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Further, the dealer offered 4000 worth merchandise when the car was delivered, and I didn't chose anything at that time. I thought of asking him to either pay it some servicing related activity. Any suggestions? Under body anti rust work or something similar? thanks in advance.
  8. Volt

Volt Novizio

Mumbai
    @Krishna Menon, have you reset the trip meter? Take her for a long run on the highway. You will be amazed at the efficiency she is capable of delivering.
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Have you set the MID to display KMPL and not L/100 KM? If not, then you are getting 13.5 KMPL :D

Even otherwise, the mileage will surely improve. I easily get 13+ in B2B city traffic. I have got as high as 19.1 KMPL on the highway. Next time, I will break 20 KMPL :)

Rajan
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    My figures are not far away from yours, the total average FE in my car for my 280KMs ODO is 8.6 KMPL.

Regards
    Gopi