1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Jade Blue

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Krishna Menon, Nov 15, 2013.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Krishna Menon

It's to be driven like all turbocharged cars, like any diesel for example, and with a minimization of gear shifts (in varying-speed traffic) since that is the very advantage of a turbopetrol: you can often just 'sit' in second or third or even 4th gear (often enough, for me at least in dilli-gurgaon) all through (flowing) traffic, there is torque available at very different speeds and in different gears. No need to upshift for FE sake too often, or downshift to pickup into that gap or for that overtake, etc. Of course bumper-to-bumper traffic's a different story: for which the only 'solution' imo (one i increasingly employ with my Vespa scooter) is to switch to a good 2-wheeler? Seriously.

Watch those gear change timings (revs/speed/torque/gears ) on your part, use the t-jet's turbopetrol nature to advantage!

Shame about the financial hit due to the rogered clutch etc! :(

cheers man
  2. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Many thanks @prabhjot and @pabhishek for your responses. This is the latest on this topic.

I had requested Mangesh for a further discount on FlyWheel. So, they offered 50% discount on the FlyWheel. So, the final repairs are costing the below. Prices are after discount:-

Clutch kit : 7,648/-,

Fly wheel : 16,340/-

Release bearing : 6,951/-

Labor : 2,625/- and (Service Tax) (T&C)

Total Parts and Labour will be 30939 + 3006 = 33945/- ( any consumables as actual like clutch oils will be extra).

----

On a separate note; the car is due for service. So, they sent the below list for approval:-

1.3rd free service with spark plugs :- 15000.

2.w/a and w/b:- 1060

3.battery EXID:- 5000

TOTAL SERVICE ESTIMATION IS :- 21,060.00. Can anyone confirm if this is the case for Two years service?

IMG_20160918_224443.jpg

Thanks & regards,
    Krishna Menon.
    pabhishek and prabhjot like this.