1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Jade Blue

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Krishna Menon, Nov 15, 2013.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Cannot say, and also it will be difficult to argue against them i guess. This sometimes happens to drivers of turbocharged cars, since the sync-ing of rpm-speed-turboboost level-gear can often go wrong in heavy traffic situations? Am NOT suggesting that is the case here, just that it may happen if your habitual sync-ing of the above is too-often 'off' by a bit, suboptimal rather than wrong or bad i mean, you know?

Of course there may be some other reason entirely?

all the best
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2016 ---
    I hope you're not shifting up to say third gear, ONLY to have to shift back down, too soon, in the quest for fuel efficiency? The t-jet has, unlike the mjd, a far wider torque spread EVEN in second. One could stay in second in traffic, even as the traffic's speed goes up (or down), for much longer WITHOUT shifting upto third. That workd out more efficient than shifting up and then having to shift down too-soon, again and again.

Please disregard these comments if they're inapplicable to your driving style! cheers.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Krishna Menon likes this.
  2. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    They are applicable, of course. Not entirely Third to Second pretty soon; but will be in Second mostly in the heavy traffic situations...but, first and neutral quite often as well.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Krishna Menon, though, I am not much of a technical guy for cars but still..

As you have already replaced clutch once, I dont think its a "lemon" clutch assembly. Take an opinion from some non fass outlet or other FASS.

As your car is still in warranty, please go through the manual for warranty details or check directly with FIAT on it. Apart from clutch plate, I suppose all the mechanical part should be covered.

I suppose you would be anyways following good practices for long life of clutch which is already quoted by @prabhjot

I just went again through your ownership thread and found that yours is a November 13 manufactured OB Tjet.
    Mine is also a November 13 manufactured OB Tjet :)

I dont think clutch can die so soon. Keep us posted on the update.
  4. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Can you please elaborate on issues that you faced? I am not able to find the issue details related to clutch that you faced.
  5. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    The clutch when pressed to change gears, is very soft. Also, there is no acceleration after changing gears. when in 2nd gear and moving to 3rd gear; the rpm goes down suddenly. Further, the car won't accelerate at all. Don't know technical terminology to explain it :)
  6. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Looks like you need to change the clutch (again).
  7. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    If you experience this problem only in bumper to bumper traffic condition then you need slight adjustment with your driving style and that will solve your problem.

Please confirm this symptom.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Right now, the car won't accelerate at all. I can only move slow in first and 2nd gear. I stopped taking my car completely since few weeks now. Even if I have to drive it to the service station; it will be a problem during traffic hours. Have requested the service center to send someone to take it to their center. Haven't heard back from them on this yet. I have to follow up.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2016 ---
    seems like. Do you guys know, is there some issue with T-Jet's Clutch kit? Or is there some problem with the way I drive?
  9. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    I am not aware of any. With the long clutch travel and the low end torque, you need to put put extra efforts NOT to use the clutch much in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
    If you drive daily in bumper-to-bumper traffic for 20 km, it is normal to get it worn out in an year.
  10. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    I'm afraid that's the case. :-(

Seems like I have to change my driving pattern while in bumper to bumper traffic. This is seldom the case.

Home to office is 16 Kms one way. During that 32 Kms journey, at the least, I'll be in bumper to bumper traffic for 30 mins each way.
    PradeepM likes this.