1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Jade Blue

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Krishna Menon, Nov 15, 2013.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Don't worry Krishna. My 1666 km run Linea MJD is returning me ~11 kmpl
  2. Sujay

Sujay Amatore

New Delhi
    Krishna, my Jet is returning 11.5kmpl as well.
  3. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    I got my Permanent Registration done on 13th of this month and am yet to receive the Smart RC Card. Last I heard, though the Govt. passed the rule that all new vehicles registered after 09th Dec 2013 should be having the High Security Number plates, which would be fixed at the respective RTOs, the stock has not arrived yet and no one has a clue as to when they would actually start fixing them.

Anyways, I would suggest you to go the the RTO office once you receive your RC and enquire if they are installing the HSRPs. If not, then you better go for some cheap make-shift number plates untill they start the process. Even I plan to do the same.
  4. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    It's been a while I logged into this site. Good to see more T Jets added in the community. :)

Some updates from my end.

I took T Jet to hometown Parvathipuram (near Visakhapatnam) for Pongal and returned back to Hyderabad this Monday i.e., 20th Jan. I took the Hyderabad - Vijayawada route (fantastic roads). Vijayawada to Rajahmundry (Roads are not good and I saw 3 accidents; all small cars dashed into dividers), a bit scary situation for me (first time highway night time drive) and family. So, rested at relatives place in Rajahmundry and then next day went to Annavaram. Did Puja et al and then to Visakhapatnam. Rajahmundry to Visakhapatnam roads are very good again. Rested there, and next day from Visakhapatnam to Parvathipuram (Till Vijayanagaram roads are fine, but then till my home town it's a single road). I took T Jet to remote villages and it never complained for anything. Then while returning back we took the same route (except for Annavaram).

I am the only driver and enjoyed the whole drive with family, parents and loads of luggage.

I still need to apply for the high security number plates though.
    Murphy_Fiat, N Kiran and Flywheel like this.
  5. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    I am planning a Vijayawada / Annavaram trip aswell. Thanks for the inputs.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello all,

I can't believe it's been more than 2.5 years that I posted here. How fast the time can fly.

I had issues with Clutch plates and fly wheel sometime in July, 2015. The AV Motors service center mentioned to replace the clutch plates, fly wheel and some other minor parts. Since the fly wheel and the clutch are not covered under warranty (can someone confirm?); I bargained with A V Motors to give me a discount on the fly wheel, which they agreed (50% I need to pay). So, it was in July, 2015 that new Clutch kit; fly wheel and all were replaced and I had to shell around 28,000 rupees for this work.

Back on roads with bumper to bumper traffic and crazy slow road traffic in Hyderabad; after an year, I see the same issue with Clutch. It fails. I am really started to wonder, does a new clutch really fair so quickly? Am I driving this bad or anyone else had a similar experience? If I go back to A V Motors again, I am pretty sure this time I am not going to get any discounts.

Can someone please advice? I really need your expert help here.

Thanks & regards,
    Krishna Menon.
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Requesting Tjet owners to pitch in.

Tagging a few members that I recall, @pabhishek @Saket Sidana @MakeTheMove @C_S

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    pabhishek and Krishna Menon like this.
  8. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi @Krishna Menon

Does more than one person drive the car often? If so that may be a cause? Else, i cannot think of why this would be happening, barring some technical issue with your particular car/its service-history. I have a t-jet, have had it 2 years now, but have not faced any issue with the clutch (plates/cylinder etc.) Early Linea-s (pre-2012) did have an issue, which was why there was a 'soft' recall by FIAT (to do with master/slave cylinder or some such.) My dad had a Linea 1.4 fire then, he got that replaced in 2011, did not face any issue through to its sales last year.

this post may be of no use to you/your situation, but!

cheers, all the best
  10. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello Prabhjot,

Thanks for your response. I am the only driver for the car. No one else drives. Hyderabad traffic is very bad these days and I have to put my foot on Clutch to change the gears constantly. But, I am guessing this is what others do on a regular basis as well? Service center team mentioned, I may not be driving it correctly; but how else one can change the gear without using the clutch?

I am no expert to determine whether the Clutch they replaced last year was a good one or no?

Cheers,
    Krishna Menon.
    prabhjot likes this.