1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Jade Blue

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Krishna Menon, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello All,

I would like to document my purchasing process of the FIAT LINEA T JET Petrol in Oceanic Blue color (nick named tentatively, "Jade Blue" or "Azure Bella") using this thread. Let's see how well I can document.

Preface:

I wanted to own a car for sometime now (at least 4 years) after I got married and started a family. But somehow, wasn't able to own one as each time some other personal activity took priority or I went abroad for few months at a stretch. After a lot of prodding from family members and considering many suggestions from colleagues and friends, I wanted to purchase a Maruti Suzuki Ritz Diesel vehicle. So, we visited the RKS SABOO motors in Rail Nilayam Road sometime in October and did test drive the vehicle and liked it for the driving comfort and ease of availability (no waiting period at all). We requested for a Baker's Chocolate color and the dealer mentioned I need to wait for 3 days to deliver this particular color. After negotiating the price, accessories et al, we have finalized the deal. The car is to be delivered on 30th and on the D - day, when I reached the dealer, they mentioned to me that they have a VDI-ABS and not a ZDI which I originally requested. I was a bit disappointed, but still okay to go ahead with the vehicle and somehow made up my mind on the same. But, after looking at the car I have made up my mind that I don't want that car at all. I told the dealership team to let me know when the vehicle will be ready. I haven't heard back from them for over a week and started looking at other dealerships and found a similar status. So, I dropped the idea to go with Maruti Suzuki Ritz. Also, Ritz high end variant is costing close to 7.5 lakhs on road.

FIAT story:

Although I was looking for settling for Ritz as a first car, somewhere in my heart I was not very much comfortable with this as I am trying to "adjust" and my heart was always set on Linea since 4 years. I always admired my colleague's and friend's Linea vehicles. I always wanted to drive a FIAT Linea and was a fan of the looks. So, with Ritz not happening as per plan, I got a relief as if an unwanted marriage or relationship was cancelled. redface.png

I wanted to give myself a chance to drive what I always wanted to drive as I felt this is what I "deserve" and felt all the circumstances around me are pointing me in the right direction to own a FIAT Linea.

So, having zeroed in on Linea, was checking with Tejaswi motors in Jubilee Hills checkpost for a quotation on the Emotion variant of the T JET and a test drive. This was around 1st and 2nd November, 2013 and the Sales Manager informed me they haven't yet received the November month's deals and requested me to wait till 5th November so that he can confirm. In the meantime, I was excited at my thought process and was searching forums (team-bhp and teamfiat.co.in) on the reviews and after sales service of FIAT vehicles in general in Hyderabad. This is where I was so bummed by reading all the negative feedback on the after sales service by Tejaswi motors owned service center in the Road No. 45 Jubilee Hills. I inquired few of my colleagues and didn't hear any problems with the vehicles as such (that's a comfort). I called Tejaswi motors to confirm the after sales service and got a positive feedback (no surprises here). Then, I also checking the Fiat website and found a service center namely A V MOTORS. I called them up to find the service etc. They gave me the newly opened A V MOTORS dealership in the Minister Road. This is a very good news as I live in West Marredpally and is very close to that place. Immediately, I visited A V MOTORS with family only to find that the employees are about to close the showroom and leaving for the day (around 7:30 / 8 pm). But, when I checked with them about whether they can wait for few more minutes, they cordially obeyed and showed me the Linea T JET variant (pearl white) and we were mighty impressed with the way it looks, the secure feeling we have once I am in the driving seat and the way the doors close et al. My son (4 year old) also was very excited to look at the car and he really liked it. Wifey was very happy with the vehicle's space and interiors and looks. We wanted to test drive the vehicle the next day itself so that we can go ahead with the next action items.

Next day morning Naresh (the sales person from A V MOTORS) arrived at 10 am as promised along with another driver. We all went for a test drive and I was mighty impressed with the way the drive feels and breaks and how much easily the car picks up the acceleration. That's it. I have decided this is what I always wanted and requested Naresh to provide me with the best price he can quote. He mentioned they were waiting for the November offers to arrive and requested me to wait till 4th November. I was okay with it and were very excited that we are going to own the T JET pretty soon.

Few days later, Naresh called and informed me about the November deals on T JET Emotion variant and I was okay with what all offered and ready to proceed with booking. He came home and collected all the necessary documentation (for loan processing with SBI) and also I gave a cheque for Rs. 20,000 /- as a booking amount for a Oceanic Blue Linea T JET on 5th November.

At this point the Tejaswi motors person called me again to inquire about the test drive and I told them the offer A V MOTORS provided me and also mentioned that I have booked the vehicle with them. The Tejaswi motors sales person called me again with a better offer than what A V MOTORS did and I was tempted a while to go with that. But, the way A V MOTORS staff were dealing with me, I decided to bring them up to speed on this new development and they also offered me almost a similar discount. So, I am quite happy with this and was looking forward for my car. At the time of booking I was informed the car will be delivered tentatively by 15th November.

Now the actual ordeal of the waiting game started. As there was no confirmation on the delivery date, I followed up with A V MOTORS on a daily basis to know the status of when the vehicle will be delivered. As this is my first time dealing with a car dealer, I made them aware that out of excitement was inquiring about this and they also understood and patiently answered my questions. For the first few days, the GM of A V MOTORS told me they don't have the information on whether the vehicle was "booked" by FIAT in Pune. I persistently pursued them on a daily basis and on 13th November Naresh told me that the vehicle is in transit and will reach Hyderabad in few days. That sounded like a sweet music to my ears. I thanked him and waiting for the news of actual arrival of the car in Hyderabad.

Yesterday i.e., 14th November, I requested Naresh for the VIN number of the vehicle. He told me he will get back to me on this. Will update this thread accordingly.

(to be continued...)
    9 people like this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congratulations,but mostly the delivery does not happen on the dates the dealer promises. They do that to get the booking done.
    In my case it took another 3 weeks extra and it passed like 3 years.
    Wish you get the car as promised.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Nice read ! Eagerly awaiting the delivery of "Jade Blue" :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Congratulations ! All the very best ! Hope you get Jade on the day it is promised.
    1 person likes this.
  6. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Bangalore
    Congratulations! While reading your post, I recollected my Punto buying experience... Looking to buy a second hand car (as I had no previous driving experience), ended up in at TATA showroom and booked a FIAT!
    In my case I closed the buy in 5 days flat for a 2012 model.... Hope you have a speedy delivery too!
    All The Best :)

--- Hari
    1 person likes this.
  7. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    I spoke to the GM of A V MOTORS and he mentions now that they don't know when the car will arrive, but he wanted me to believe him that the car will be delivered before 20th. I have a bad feeling about the way this activity is progressing. Lacking clarity at that level and not able to do anything about it is very sad. I don't know what else to do but to wait till they confirm the receipt of the car.
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Congratulations on the t-Jet, Wish you all the best and hope you get your dream car ASAP.
    Just chase the sales guy.
  9. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    You know what, I booked Linea Emotion TJet exactly on Nov 5th, and I am still awaiting the delivery. I am also being told by Vecto Motors that the vehicle is in transit, and am yet to get the VIN.
  10. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Still the dealership dont have a clue on when the car will be delivered

Congratulations deepakhon. When is the date dealer promised to deliver?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks mchanna. I follow up everyday, and get disappointed with their hopeless reply.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Hari. Wow thats fast. Hope you are enjoying your car. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

@Bala, you are absolutely right. Im going through that now.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks C_S & Gurjinder. :)
    @Ravi, I updated the thread for A V Motors.
    1 person likes this.