1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

As far as I understanding goes its 10 litres per section. And I can confidently say that coz after I took delivery of the car and was driving back home, the warning lamp and MID "Low fuel" were on and the needle was almost horizontal but I could drive almost 10+ kms.

@Zenwalker But as a safe and good practice, I would suggest you to refuel the moment you see the orange warning lamp. Don't run on low fuel as @theblack suggested (modern fuel pumps don't like running on lean fuel) ;)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

If you are not satisfied with the cover, check with Cargo tarpaulin JC rd. Next to Shivaji talkies(does not exist now apart frm shivaji statue) they hav a wide varity of materials for car cover.
    I got it frm them for 800/- bu this was 2yrs back.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

Hi Zen,

regarding your 1st query, find below the Tyvek white cover I have bought for my Punto when I took the delivery. IIRC, it costed me 2000 odd. The quality of the cover is way better when compared to the grey colored cover. I have seen the grey cover getting torn into pieces after prolonged exposure to sun and rains. So, my suggestion is, keep using the existing cover as long as it lives and then switch to Tyvek if you need one.

For your 3rd query, check the user manual again, it is 32 on full load and cold condition. Increase to 36 when the tire is warm. 32 works well for me under cold inflation. So, it should work for you too. Rubber noise is quite common in Apollo acelere. If you roll up all the windows, noise shouldn't concern you much. Getting an under body rubber coating from 3M could help if you want more sound deadening.

For your 4th question, I check the tire pressure once in a month and it hardly reduces beyond a couple of psi points. Keep handy a small pressure gauge (you can get it for less than 200 rupees) and check whenever you are in a doubt.

For the 5th query, initial experiences may be bit rough sometimes. Both you and your car needs sometime getting used to :) How'd you define the hardness? rubbery or does it make a grrrrrr sound while slotting in? ohh.. BTW, while reversing, the car must come to a complete stop before you slot the reverse gear, otherwise you'll end up with a grinding sound..

For the 6th query, I feel it's absolutely OK to shift from 4 to 2 or from 5 to 3 or anything for that matter. As long as your car speed is within the gear limits, you'll have a smooth drive. I doubt if the gear system will get damaged due to this maneuver but the sudden stopping force what you experience is the engine braking effect. BTW, I understand your tension in Bangalore traffic :evilsmile

Regarding the fuel, I'd suggest find an Indianoil COCO pump or a descent one. I'm a happy customer of Indiaoil and Citibank with the free fuel for the turbo points I acquire :D Most importantly, don't forget to collect the computerized bill printed by the machine for every fill.

Hope I helped. Guys, correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.
  4. venka

venka BANNED

From where u got this Punto specific body cover. I am trying to get one for mine , but not able to find.

Any leads on this will be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Thanks buddy, that was quite helpful.

1. Ok ill find it on google and source it up when current goes for a toss.

2. Lemme upload the screenshot of that card i read this evening.

3. There is no grrr... or any grinding noise at all when shifting gears. But not a 1 finger shift smooth. I need to put a bit of a preassure to put the gear to 1st or Reverse. This is more w.r.t 1st and Reverse.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

zen, why are you fixated on a cover? The problem i've seen with covers under indian conditions is unless you take really good care of your cover both inside and out and you clean your car before putting on the cover . It will do more damage to paint than you think. Yours being white might not show up much evidence but if you begin to observe closely you will start seeing unwanted things in under 15 days .

The thing is when you remove or put on the cover if either of the surfaces contain any dust particles when you slide the cover over the body it will start rubbing into the paint. This will cause visible scratches. More evident on the bonnet and roof .

So what i would suggest is to leave it as is and dont bother about dust, you have weekends to get rid of them and use it fully . you will also enjoy !!
    I've tried using the cover and just after a few days i was able to see scratches on the roof so i stopped it.

Think about this and if you can always ensure that you have a clean car body and a clean underside of the cover then put it or else dont
    2 people like this.
  7. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hmmm. this explains the reason why i started seeing faint lines on bonnet & roof all of a sudden from the day i started using cover.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

You have a point buddy. Thanks. Ill consider this and observe the same.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Punto gear shift is not as effortless as in a Maruti or a Figo. It requires a bit of pressure, but it is not very hard either. Instead of shifting fast, take couple of seconds when you shift from neutral to 1st or reverse as the case may be.
  10. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

This tightness of gears will slowly subside over time, Your car is just a week old, Wiat till you run in the car, Everything will ease up, Same with my car, mine is 4600kms now its smoother than before..