1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. 1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    IMAG0112.jpg
    Sleeping beauty :D

Questions/Doubts:

1. The Car cover given by the dealer (its a OEM make as per the FIAT sticker over the package) is quite thin. I am not sure how durable it is. So is there a better thick durable one's available perhaps @JC Road or some where your aware off? Or is this is OK?
    2. Currently the fuel indicator bar is showing at the rounded area (yellow) in the below attached pic, so is this means car is on low fuel? Sorry confused as where and when warning will be shown on MID, though i dont remember seeing it in the evening when i took her for a spin.
      DSC04142.jpg
    3. Tyre is Apollo Accelere. Maintaining 33 PSI on all 4 tires. Feel a bit rough or noise when i drive a bit faster like in 50+. Not sure if the PSI is low. Checked the manual. It says 195/R15 should have 36 on cold tires. So should i go for 36 or 33 is good enough?
    4. What is the frequency i should check tyre PSI?
    5. Some times i feel gear shifting is a bit hard though full clutch is depressed. Should i be concerned? Would be great if any one of you wish to check my babez out in live.
    6. I am sorry to ask this lamest question, if i am in 4th gear (especially cars) OK to just jump to 2nd instead of flowing back from 4-3-2. Some times i do this when i am in real tension. Head is fully exploding with great care, no damage yet to move the car in the traffic. phew i sweat a bit :A Unlike in 2 wheelers where its always sequential to move the gear handle. I know it could damage the gear system internally but how bad or how soon if i do this 1s a while or some times tho def not regularly. I certainly hate loose or jeopardize gear/clutch :(
    7. Boot 3D mats necessary or should i just go with the already provided one? Star mats is not avail for boot. Not sure Kagu. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Zen :)

P.S: If any of you living close by wishes to meet up, i would greatly appreciate for pointers, learning's and tips and also suggestions on whats wrong with her (if any) some time in the evenings or weekends :)

@Neeraj,
    Thanks for the links. Phew lots to learn.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    zen, find replies to few questions in bold:
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Shams,

Any other expert would like to add/clear my doubts?

5. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Bangalore

1. I bought an OEM cover for my Punto around February this year, costing Rs 1200/- (approx)
      Indicators of OEM cover:
      * "Punto" written on the front, around the Windshield region
      * Manufacturer Tag, "Polco", on Top side, near the C pillar.
      * Also received a Carry bag, made up of same material, for storing the Cover.
      My review of the cover is:
      * Very good at keeping dust and water away. Just need to use a Jopasu to dust off and Drive!
      * It is thin and on regular usage may last max. a year.
      * I may go for Tyvek cover in future, knowing its many benefits...
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks buddy. Do write up a review of the Tyvek covers if you go!
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Zen, total 4 section, each indicated 11.25 liters of fuel. Total 45 liters of Tank Capacity. The indicator line near to red line indicates you have 11.25 liters of fuel in your tank. When needle touches the red line and light comes, it means you have 8 liters of fuel as reserve, after 3 liters when it reaches 5 liters in reserve it will show a message in MID as Fuel low.

But suggest you to fill fuel when the needle touches redline ( light comes up), in case any residue from fuel will not harm engine. Hope this helps.
    1 person likes this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Very nice info there Suman. Thanks alot :)

Ill note it down. Great!! Cheers.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    theres no reserve concept here. if you like to call it so, its ok!

if your figures quoted above are correct tank should be empty once the needle is horizontal but that doesnt happen!

each of the 4 sections indicate 10 liters and there is aproximately five liters left after the needle becomes horizontal. i am telling this from experience!
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I call it reserve :), not by Fiat. As you indicated I have never let my fuel go to Horizontal line, but in long journey I used to fill fuel tank from light only, I checked that it took 37.2-37.4 liters to auto cut-off multiple times. One day I experienced that when MID message came, needle was near middle of redline I filled the full tank, it took 40.5 liters to auto-cut off, from that exp I explained.

Not sure if fiat has any reserve concept. But, thanks for feedback :).