1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Imran, though i could understand some part of it, ill dig in more on the manual and when i see the live action on this i might get a better picture. ATM i always fill up gas for 1000Rs every time its low or some what. I need to see where and when this warning of range Kms comes.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks buddy, sure shall add more pics as and when she get some things done over her (3M treatments, stickering, etc.) and of course i got loads of questions which i intend to put here.

@All,
    I could not get a good link from where i can buy car mats which is top knotch quality. sai carmagwheels dealer is good?
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    1000rs is what i fill her up with as well.
    The idea being in city drives a full tank would mean an additional weight of close to 40-45Kgs that would bring down the FE very marginally.
    This is just my opinion anyhow
  3. Sai Mag wheel is the dealer for star mats in India. carmatsindia.com is there site address.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm.. You make sense Sham. In City no need of going for a full tank unless and other wise you are in a bunk which is top knotch in quantity and quality fuel they fill in like Kaveri bunk (lal bagh) and you dropping by again nearby to that bunk is highly unlikely in another month or so ;)

Since we are on the same subject, does Shell Diesel makes any difference compared to other bunks?
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Simply put yes

Here is the long story,
    Shell fuels dont come from US or some other foreign country as many might have thought.
    Its comes from our very own "Mangalore refinery" . Its from where IOC also takes fuel.

the point is shell is internationally audited and hence they cannot play too much with fuel quality and quantity so they stick to relatively good stds but IOC/BP/HP are all others who play with fuel quality .
    To be very frank its only luck and some trust in good bunks that will keep your car healthy that's all.
    Kaveri bunk is a good one . He doesn't play too much with quality

If your close to any of the COCO bunks then try to fill up there (I dont know where you live buddy) if not then stick to 1 or 2 bunks that are known to give good quality fuel. That's what can be done.

note :: Try to fill up early mornings as density of the fuel is highest at that time.
    1 person likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Oki doky. Ill go for shell ;) Today saw that JP Nagar shell was filling fuel in the morning itself. hmm... They really should fill their storage in the night times where peeps dropping by is very less.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Mind you shell diesel is about 72 rs or something while you get it at 51-52 in other bunks!! :)
  8. venka

venka BANNED

9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Damn the price. Still 7 bugs more :( Hmm.. i gotta find a good bunk near by.
  10. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Using Shell diesel is not recommended by FIAT I guess... As per the owner's manual, there is a restriction on Cetane number. I had filled this in the very first refilling... but realized soon after that and stopped.