1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @zenwalker : thank you! i am waiting till September to see any luck with TJET evo, if not i will take 90HP MJD.
    zenwalker likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hello Guys,

Got my 3rd service done yest at Vecto, Hosur Road. As always, its a pleasure to deal with them without much fuss.
    Left the vehicle for a day with them as the load was high already. Mr. Shivakumar, as always does the good job in getting things done in the best interest of the customer, IMO. The care, resolutions handled, explanation given is good. Total bill came upto ~12.5K.
    :wideyed:

Odo run 22K, though i wished i could cover another 3k and let it out for service, but due to other reasons i was unable to do so.
    E-BILL_KA03MS4312_-_coolzen1985@gmail.com_-_Gmail_-_2015-06-18_09.34.44.jpg

Thanks
    Deepak and punto_emotion like this.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @zenwalker : brake pad replaced at 22k isnt early? how do you rate KHT service against vecto. any input.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm...The SE of Vecto say breakpads are changed once every 15-18k and quite natural for them to wear out and in this case survived till 22k isnt bad. Though my most of mile crunching is on high ways, i myself wondering why it worn out so early. He said, till it can run another 1k-2k but that would put the car in more risk position w.r.t breaking distance, failure, etc. So in keeping safety concern it was changed.
    I just bought my car from them (page 1 should talk about buying experience), but never been to their FASS so far, its very far frm my home and work place too. So cant comment. Perhaps you can keep an eye on the respective thread.
    Deepak likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Brake pad wear is solely dependent on the driving style and driving conditions. More highway runs translates into lesser brake usage per km. It should last longer. The brake pads can last anywhere between 15k to 40k depending on the driving conditions. For the braking on offer, I would be happy if it serves 25k kms.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yep in this case it would have easily served till 25k, but as stated due to safety concerns and stuffs he recommended me to go for it.
    In 22k, roughly 15k is on high way itself. I wish it did stayed more tho.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I am shocked to see such a high bill. I am due for the 30k kms service as the car has run 23K+ kms and I was told max of 6.5K bill. Also did you approve the brake disc pad change? Did you inspect it? Was it worn out? Also as per the 30K kms schedule, all fluids are required to be topped up and not replaced as seen in your case. I cannot see the Wheel alignment/balancing/tyre rotation also done, was this not a part of the schedule?
    Your bill have given me goosebumps.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @ghodlur,
    Yes around 4-5 months ago, i had visited the FASS for door lock change, then it was told to me that pads would wear out soon in another 5k. As i said above, the pads could have gone for another 2k max, but SE suggested for safer side and goodness to change it better and yes i approved it.

I denied for the wheel alignment as the FASS guys do suck at the job. Ill get it done this weekend outside.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 18, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 18, 2015 ---
    @ghodlur
    I guess, i was wrong in my previous post. I did read the manual once again in detailed. As per the dotted chart, yes one should not be doing or changing those oils/fluids, however, if you notice on the left side of the page, you shall notice strings saying:

1. Change brake/clutch fluid (every 60000 kms or 24 months, whichever is earlier)
    2. Change of engine coolant (every 60000 kms or 24 months, whichever is earlier)
    3. Change of transmission oil (every 60000 kms or 24 months, whichever is earlier)
    If you notice these sections in that table, though the dots are missing in the dot table for 30k service, but the string says 60K ODO or 24 months i.e 2 years, which ever is earlier. So that means in my case its 2year old car and hence it was changed.
    Lemme know if i am right in understanding.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Yes, you are right, I overlooked the sentences. But I will get it clarified as to why the schedule does not show this. So I guess in my case too all the fluids will be replaced. But I have clearly told the workshop well in advance, that brake pad will be certified by me upon inspection.

What about pollen filter? Was that changed??
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @ghodlur
    I guess, the reason its not presented in the dotted table is because the its only about No. of KMS done, meaning a 60K or 45K kms can be done in just 4 months or any time line. So the dots says if a car has done so much Kms regardless of timeline, this action item i.e changing of X item, is mandatory. With timeline/kms into consideration, things gets a bit confusing like this :p

Yes it was changed. Basically all filters are changed.