1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @ghodlur
    Actually from the pic you can see the rubber part which develops cracks. This happens which was explained to me by the mechs due to the fact that this mount points namely A ,B, C are the ones on which engine and gear box (c mount aka link rod for GB) rests on. So due to vibrations of the engine during running and due to the jerks during movement and of the gear box plus while body rolls due to horrible roads, such crack gets developed. Do gets checked from the fass. Yourself can see the engine vibrating during ignition and switching it off.
  2. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    @ghodlur Are you talking about Engine mount issue or struts?
    +1 here for engine mount issue. I replaced the mounts last Saturday (called "Power mounts" in the invoice) - Zen knows this already. I will update the part number and details today evening. The engine shuddering is still there during turning off. But became much smoother after replacement. Effects are seen even while engine is running in lower RPMs - it is very smooth now.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    There shall always be a slight vibrations due to the nature of the Diesel engine and it should vibrate slightly. A more tight mounting means more harm to many parts including engine itself. Its basic laws of physics, a force needs to be transmitted than blocked for less impact/damage ;)
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Zen, from what I heard from people at Vecto and what I have heard till now is this:
    Engine mount helps limiting the transfer of vibrations to the car body. Over time, this can get cracks - due to the conditions we drive in or due to manufacturing issues. The engine mount as such will be full tightened with nuts and bolts firmly to the chassis. What is the point in not tightening a nut bolt mechanism? This is what I know with my limited knowledge of mechanics.

I'm just comparing the condition of vibration my vehicle had before replacement of engine mounts and the condition before few months. I could almost hear some metal banging sound while I tried switching off the engine. It was never smooth in higher RPMs. The condition has improved a lot now.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    You are right, the rubber part in those mounts do helps in absorbing those vibrations generated from the engine and related parts and surroundings as well.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Been to vecto last Thursday fr a running repair of center locking issue.
    The mid kept showing driver side door as the faulty and I could see that as well.
    But as I drove, it works sometimes and when gone under pot holes, the issue creeped back.

Directly went to Fass , thankfully the load that day was less. The car got into the bay in 10 mins n the work got started.
    I also reported the issue of horn (single horn working) and washer fluid tank detached from the feeding hose, though wanted to report during 2nd service, but vecto guys suggested to get it done as load is very less.

Horns were tuned and the tank was refixed again. Also the plastic panel under the front wiper arms attached to the windshield is changed.

The door lock, at first the lock (plastic actuator) was changed and tested. For that moment problem seems fixed but after 20 mins or so, when again retested, the problem still persisted. Hence the whole lock (mech part) was replaced and all solved.
    All under warranty.
    Car is 1.7 yrs old with 21k completed.
    IMG_20150409_111253.jpg IMG_20150409_103119.jpg IMG_20150409_094141.jpg
    Everting went great in matter if 2 hours. Butt the damn warranty approval system is still unreliable which made me to wait an hour more. As per them, its still unreliable most of time. Wonder what fiat is doing. :eek:
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @zenwalker : i have been following Fiat from past one year and planning to take Punto 90HP. but i have read few members reporting Sudden power loss while driving. Did u ever hit this issue? How serious is this issue? Is it a deal breaker? I really love evo but still in big dilemma after knowing the issue. Please share your inputs.
    TIA
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear Deepak,

Generally issues are w.r.t any car in this world. You might have heard many recalls and even issues which almost couldnt be resolved in the expected time and you can find similar threads at teambhp forum. Having said that, FIAT is not an exception. Yes i have had heard here and at FASS of some customers (dont recall punto, but few linea's) having this power drop post 2k RPM and they are very less in number AFAIK. Infact last thursday when i was at FASS, i did see a linea which is almost 2+ years old was facing this issue and the guys there were breaking their heads to crack the issue.

Regarding mine, touchwood, i hadnt faced any such issues so far. Even friends of mine who owned punto hadnt had any such issue so far. So personally my opinion would be to not be worried about this which may be one in 1000 pieces problem. Mine is close to 2 year old in few months and so far she is doing great and giving great support to me in whatever terrain i have taken her into. FIAT is reliable thats for sure i can tell.

Do PM me if you need more info or i encourage you to start new threads for clarifications. Infact before buying the punto, i asked alot of questions in this forum. You could search them if they are still there. ;)
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @zenwalker : thanks a ton for the info. in fact when i went for the TD of Punto i told the SA im a member at TFI. He asked me 'do u know Zenwalker ? He did a lot of research before buying the car and finally took the car'. Im exactly in the same state as u were 2 years back. :) Hence i thought of asking you. BTW SA was Tauseef from KHT.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Deepak,
    Every buyers nightmare after seeing this forum (glancing at start) to see alot of negative threads. For a human, the negative stuffs glares more obvious than the good ones. So its normal.
    Yes he was my SA and a good friend. I am sure he shall give you good assistance as and when needed.
    Best of luck on your buy. Dont forget to take TD's till you are satisfied ;)
    Deepak likes this.