1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    The car looks longer in this background, as long as or maybe longer than an Innova. :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. The car is not yet sold. I haven't really advertised any where else except this forum. My be the new buyer og my car can get lucky with relocation. :) I can drive it to a reasonably close location if anyone want to take a look. Thanks.

3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

1. First service done a 2 weeks back: Attached invoice for your reference.
    2. Today done Wheel alignment and Road force balancing at Madhus, Langford Road. A executive named Mukund, did explain me every thing about the process without me being asking about stuffs. Nice customer treatment and they got good equipment a nice work place. Total cost 720INR.

DSC04725.jpg img1.jpg
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Hey Zen, I see that the power steering has been replaced under warranty. What was wrong with the steering ?

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

It was the rack part of the steering which was replaced due to leakage of steering fluid.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Back from 2 day Drive to Dharmastala - Hornadu - Sringeri. Total of 810KMs.

Route summary:
    Bangalore -> Hassan -> Belur -> Charmudi -> Dharmastala -> Kuduremukha -> Hornadu -> Balehonnuru -> Sringeri -> Chikmagalur -> Belur -> Hassan -> Bangalore.

Bangalore -> Hassan -> Belur, Road conditions are excellent. Charmudi Ghat roads are brand new, so again very good roads. On Saturday noon, the traffic was very minimal.

Dharmastala -> Kuduremukha -> Hornadu : The forest area route of Kuduremukha road conditions are very good, but before and after roads are very bad with many pot holes.

Hornadu -> Balehonnur -> Sringeri: Again the roads are not very good. Alot of pot holes, though road constructions are going on, it would take few more weeks to complete.

2k run after the first service with Steering component replaced. Everything running great (touchwood) and i am enjoying the car and love it even more.

From GOA to Western ghats as of today, my babez has enjoyed alot of fresh air ;)
    1 person likes this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Dear All,

After along gap, time to update yet again.

Today got my car back from 2nd (1 year) Free service. Had booked for thursday slot.

ODO: 10k
    SA (Service Assistant): Mithun
    SC: Vecto.
    Rating: 8/10

As usual, did a online booking for the slot via their website. The website doesnt reflect Mysore SC. Have given feedback though. So booked at Hosur Rd. center for 11AM Thursday slot. A day before D day got a call from their receptionist reminding me about the Service booking. Though she didnt asked who should be my preferred SA, i voluntarily asked for this guy as he had handled my first service too. Even the SA called me on evening of the previous day and asked the details about the car (ODO and issues) so that he can check for parts in the stock if it may required. Explained him all the issues (will be listing below) and he asked me to get it next day (no major hardware issues).

Next day on time, i need not wait as the SA was at his desk. He immediately recognized me from the previous service, i then opened my note script to detail the issues:
    • Mileage down
    • Pick up a bit low
    • Gear shift hard
    • Reverse gear shifting issue (doesnt fall in slot properly and make krrrrr.... sound most of the time)
    • Rear bumper and inner metal joint screw fallen off.
    • Long and hard clutch
    • AC smells at start
    • Rear driver side window rollin/out movement not smoother (sticks)
    • Reverse gear rear light not working

He immediately suggested for a test drive to see which all above issues holds good. All the made claims were noted by him for inspection and repair if need be. After an hour, i left the car and he promised me he would call as soon as the servicing is done. As the load in SC was quite low on that day, he called me in the evening to inform that most of the job card work is done except the reverse gear engage issue. Though they have tried tweaking the cables, still it was making noise when shifting, further investigation revealed that it should be changed.

But unfortunately the cable present in the stocks is old model than the ones in my car. SA requested me to provide another day to see if this part can be procured and get the warranty claims approval. Next day morning i got a call from SA, apparently he claimed that FIAT has not informed the SC about this change in the gear cables and hence now they have taken photos proofs and have sent to the FIAT for confirmation (new model) and for procurement of the same. In a month, the parts shall be received and i am spose to take the car to get the cable fixed. Fingers crossed :roll:

==> Can Experts concur on this new model thingy :confused:

So except one issues, rest all are fixed and i took a TD after the fix and felt the gear shift and clutch delivery has improved. They have tweaked the handbreak, now its shorter (pulling distance) and tighter. Reverse light bulb had burn out but was not showing the error on MID, they have changed the same.

Over all i am happy about the work done by the SC guys though i have asked for no car wash, hence could notice few oil hand prints over the body (bonnet area), thats a cleanup job for me this weekend ;)

Bill details:
    [TABLE="class: outer_border, width: 500, align: left"]
    Eng Oil 200L 33Qty

Oil Filter

AC filter

Fuel filter

Air filter

Windshield shampoo

Rear bumper break light Bulb

Reverse lamp

When asked about whats plug, SA explained about some washer kind of plug which blocks oil, as safety precaution it was changed. Consumables are the waste usage and Cleaner is some liquid used to clean internal parts (explained by SA), i did not understood and did not want to argue much. Paid the amount and departed.
    2 people like this.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

What cables are they changing, gear cables? They do not come separately, they come along with the gear lever, so the gear lever as well will be changed, atleast thats what they did in my car. That said, i do not believe changing the gear cables will resolve the krrr issue when engaging reverse gear.
    1 person likes this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Well as far as i understood from his point, its some 2 cables which has to be changed. I do not remember him mentioning about the lever though. Do not know if changing it will make it better or worse though its getting changed under warranty.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Yeah AFAIK, the two gear cables are attached to the actual gear lever and the cables don't come separately, the whole lever assembly for EMo Pk (Leather wrapped head is over 9K). It would not make the issue worse but the Krr noise issue is something else, could be the clutch itself.

I have had the noise for ever on my car (at 80K kms now), still on the stock clutch so not sure if changing clutch will fix it. Will probably get the clutch changed in a few days and update here if the issue is gone.

Normally, if you press the clutch, release it and press it again - reverse gear engages without the krrr(most of the times) and the krr is mostly during a cold start only.