1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    4.5k. As said the prices has been increased by 20% recently. Even if i had gone for 3D mats, it would cost me 500 less
    1 person likes this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Those mats do look good and clean all the time, but removing the dirt lodged in them is a real pain. If possible, try to clean them out as often as possible, so that too much dirt does not accumulate.

Rajan
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I was checking the price of this material in Kerala during my visit last month. It was Rs.350 per meter. Black color was not available. So gave up.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

If you are interested in a DIY, 3M Matting Nomad - LOOP - eMahendra
    2 people like this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Rajan. Sure ill keep it in mind :)

@fiatlover,
    True mate. Black is far better for our punto. Looks elegant and nice also dirt doesnt look evidently.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have got the Nomad type mats for Rs.1750 from a car accessories shop at Minister Road, Hyderabad. I do not have its pics with me at the moment.

But the material closely resembles to these

NM1.jpg

NM2.jpg
  7. Zen@, Thanks for the info on Kaiwara. I had a great trip yesterday. Took the Hoskote-Chintamani Rd/SH 82, it wasn't great road, but not too bad either.

P1000644.jpg

P1000654.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Is this is the same 3M mat sold at the outlets as well? Looks like the most expensive "Cushion Plus" variant is priced at half of what Zen paid. DIY should not be very tough, considering that it is just a matter of cutting to shape using the existing mats as a template. Wonder why people tend to upset when I say 3M outlets are overpriced.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

There seem to be many variants. Low, medium and high duty, etc Rajan. And more color choices as well.

As you said, material is the same, it is just a matter of cutting into required shape. Best way is to make a template on white paper and cut along the periphery. :) Simple DIY and easy on the pocket.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    Considering these exuberant charges by 3M and people are ready to pay for it without enquiry out side or thinking( is it possible to do a DIY) . One should think of opening a 3M out let and have some good endorsers in a automotive forum ( Pun intended )

In USA , 3M rates are damn cheap . why they are showcasing them selves as premium in India or is it done by the outlets ??

It's same way as Pizza and Coffee day showcasing them selves as premium. For the price we are paying for a pizza n coffe in CCD , they no where matches to the US pizza and starbucks quality , quantity & Taste.
    2 people like this.