1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I was just a phone call away from you :p
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I am one who has been on the factory fitted bulbs and will complete four years next week. To me, road visibility problem was there only when I drive on two-way road in the night that too due to light of oncoming vehicles, most who drive with high beam on. You can see the road better if you switch high beam/low beam when you feel that visibility is poor. But not of course to the face of oncoming vehicles. :).

I do agree that 100/90W bulb will give better light, but I am just saying that the OEM is not that bad either.
    1 person likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes fiatlover, those high beams of on coming traffic is a big big problem. On top of it, this rain, which does a bit more blurry vision. Had to stick in 60-80 yest. Phew...
    But one thing i am wondering is why the windsheild not glaring away the high beams? They should have made it an antiglare glass :(
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    cost my friend cost, everyone wants to cut corners ,everytime and everywhere
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Anti-glare? Other than the cost, anti-glare coatings smudge easily and will never stand the elements of nature, on the long run.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    just now on the way drive, the door issue came up for like 10 secs and went off. a bit concerned though...
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Here's it from the Punto's manual. It is the same as I posted earlier. Terminology is different but they mean the same.
    HL.jpg
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Ditto here. My Linea will be completing 4 years in less than 2 months with the factory-fitted bulbs. When I switch on the high beam, it gets lit along with the low beam bulb providing adequate illumination for me. :) I have never experienced any problem so far.
    2 people like this.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Recently, i have upgraded mine with Philips NightBreaker with the Philips Cutout, It gives good visiblity..
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Why was a cut out or a separate wiring harness required if you have used night breakers which is of the same wattage as the OEM bulbs?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2