1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    i found lesser tyre roar than before the coating was applied and sidhu had told me that they have changed the coat n the new one was odourless... i had that rubber stink for 4-5 days after i had got my underbody coating done :(
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    We both smelled that rubbery smell when we were standing next to the car remember? After that i did not get any such smell. May be they have improved now. Lemme check on the roaring affect.
  3. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    yeah yeah... that same stink much stronger remained fo a week in my car :p
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Perhaps on our next meet we will verify this along with other tings.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear folks,

Finally done 1K ODO on the way back to Bangalore near Channapattana. It started to rain and my babez completed 1K. Looks like a congrats shower :evilsmile

A total of 400+ Kms done today. I loved driving. Weather was nice, Kanakpura road, kollegal road are very good. BR Hills to Nanjangoud road is pretty worse.

Driving back to bangalore, it started to rain at maddur. The visibility of road got a pretty worse through windshield. Also the windshield does not divert the high beams glare. I know 3M CR70 film would do that, but other way? Also the headlight looks dim or dull and not as bright as other cars, may be coz the windshield is tinted already? After reaching home, i went out and saw the Headlights, well it was really bright as others :D But road is not visible as clear in night. So any suggestions here?

2 times the underbody got scrapped due to poor visiblity of road and thanks to pot holes :A Will look carefully in the morning for any damages.

Very strange observations/counter while returning back. I would like to call it as Bug 970-1k ODO :evilsmile
    Around 970 ODO, i was in 80s on the highway, everything was normal till then. Out of no where, MID starts to show "Read right door open" and started to make noise. I got panicked a bit and pulled over and checked. Did open - close, open - close and all. Noting. Was still worried as to drive or not. Why the hell and how on earth it suddenly started. Switched off, on and again off and on. It was not locking after driving 20+ speed. Again same beep warning and MID going nuts. Got worried, panicked too. So drove in 60 for next 20+ mins. All through 20 mins i was soo worried and all. Thought to take it to Vecto tomorrow. Now it started raining more all of a sudden near channapatana. Happen to check ODO, it was happy moment. My babez completing 1K. So i slowed down to take pic as soon as she reaches 1k. And ODO was reading 998, voila the door warning all of a sudden went off. It just dissapeared in the air. No more error on MID, no beeps and all kool. I felt happy and relaxed now. Took the pic of ODO and carried on to home. Now its all working normally :D lol weird huh...

Let the pics speak...
    A.JPG
    DSC04144.jpg
    DSC04145.jpg
    DSC04146.jpg
    DSC04147.jpg
    DSC04148.jpg
    DSC04149.jpg
    DSC04150.jpg DSC04151.jpg DSC04152.jpg DSC04153.jpg DSC04154.jpg DSC04155.jpg DSC04156.jpg View attachment 49780 DSC04158.jpg DSC04159.JPG DSC04160.jpg DSC04161.jpg DSC04162.JPG DSC04164.JPG DSC04165.jpg DSC04171.jpg DSC04172.jpg DSC04173.jpg View attachment 49791 DSC04175.jpg DSC04179.jpg DSC04180.jpg DSC04181.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    3 people like this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Contd...

DSC04183.jpg DSC04184.jpg DSC04186.jpg DSC04187.JPG DSC04188.JPG DSC04189.JPG DSC04191.JPG
    2 people like this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It is a fact that with any headlamp, visibility would reduce during rain. Nothing new there and your car is fine.

Regarding the rear door, you may need to check the door sensor.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Regardless of rain buddy.

Btw, how to check the sensor? Should i take it to FASS? And now its all working kool as before. Still should i be concern as i hate it to happen again.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Okay, what level have you set the headlamps at? 0/1/2/3? You get to see it when you turn on the headlamps, on the MID.

You can stop worrying about the sensor until the problem reappears. Next time it happens, you know what to do.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok this 1, 2, 3 is something new to me :uh which i have not observed. Ill do it and let you know ASAP.
    Thanks