1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. acarthik

acarthik Guest

I am not sure if I am wrting this at the right tread.
    But I feel zen and others too can clarify me. Sorry zen, i am stealing a short space of your thread. I am sure you will forgive me :cool:

Zen/Everybody,

I am one of the person who is following zen's posts for few days gathering just informations.
    Reason is simple, bcoz, I am one like him who is all set to book a GP 90HP. it has now came as an action point.

I have few clarifications and questions to be raised as zen is the one have just got the beauty very recently.

I have approached the FIAT dealership at coimbatore. He has offered me 8.19L after all the discounts.

25k cash discount
    27k free insurance
    Around 8.5k for corporate discount and accessories (only mud flop and floor mats)

so the discount comes around 60k.

Now my questions,
    Do you think I should push for more discounts? Zen, how much did you get on road?

Can you share me the list of accessories offered to you and what did you demand extra and succeeded?

The guy was telling me that the spare wheel is 15 inches (non alloy). Was that true?

Did you opted for Future Generelli insurance offered by fiat? does it cover bumper to bumper coverage? I am confused at this point as FIAT is offering 27k free insurace, but if it doesn't cover bumper to bumper, then its bit unfair for me. Because i have learnt the driving just a month ago. If I go out for other insurance who has this coverage, then I need to give up the 27k offer.

Any suggestions or ideas?
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @carthik,
    Its ok buddy, gethering all information or clarifying all doubts before keeping step ahead is my preference and few discourage it and few dont. Glad that you are on my side on this ;)

Anyways, you are lucky to get 8K coporate discount. Damn i got only 3k :(

My OTR was 8.6L. Are you going for 2013 or 2012 model? I am not sure if FIAT has reduced prices again or offers is new than when i bought it.

You cannot haggle on discounts part more actually. They are all provided by FIAT. Only you can haggle in getting more goodies.

I got, mud flaps, parking sensors (OEM requested), floor mats and car cover (Had to haggle alot for cover).
    The spare wheel is 14inch steel rimmed. Its a cost cutting from FIAT :A Check the pics in this thread.

Yes i took FIAT offered insurance. I am yet to recieve full details about the coverage and other documents. SA said it will take more than a month for it to come. So i am waiting. You can check Insurance thread in this forum for more details if to go or not to go.

Even i too learnt driving a few months back but not full fledged. So do not worry, just enjoy driving. If your confidence level is too low, then try few days in the roads at night or early mornings to get a better juedgement as traffic is very slow. And slowly start going in a bit of traffic and all sorts of road. Do take your beauty every day for a ride. Thats how i got good confidence.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  3. acarthik

acarthik Guest

Hey Zen, thanks for your quickest reply.

It is a 2013 model.

They haven't reduced any prices. The cause is the month 'aadi'(name of a tamil month), in which people don't buy any valueable things here at tamil nadu. to compensate the sales on this month, they have offered such kind of offer. Not only in automobile, but in all trades. They will revert this once the month is over.

Ok, then the 8.19L is fair I can say.

8k is not only the corporate discount. The includes the value of mud flap and floor mats :evilsmile

Is the car cover has the FIAT logo in it?

The guy at FIAT have 200% assured me that the spare wheel is 15inch. I have to go back and double check this. Since they are offering free insurance, there may be a chance to reduce the ID value. Any idea how to check this if I committed towards booking.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Yes i took FIAT offered insurance. I am yet to recieve full details about the coverage and other documents. SA said it will take more than a month for it to come. So i am waiting. You can check Insurance thread in this forum for more details if to go or not to go.

Hi Zen, you should have got all the documents except RC which you will recieve by post.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    It has punto wording on it (Check my pics). But its from FIAT. The packaging had the shipping label with FIAT logo. Though its not the highest quality (Tyvek made), but it can come to help for an year or so.

Again do not use cover daily or often if you are taking car out every now and then. If parked for more than week or so, then go for covers. It will cause scratches and damages paint. Read detailing thread in this forum to know more.

The 4 wheels are of 15inched (alloys wheels) i.e 195/R15 Apollo Acelere tyres. The spare is definitely 14inch. If dealer has made changes (very hypothetical), i dont know. Just drop into the dealer (stockyard would be prefered) and see if you can locate any 90Hp car there (new or TD, etc.) and ask SA to show its spare wheel. Again you can check my pics.

AFAIK there is no official news from FIAT about changing the spare tyre dimention.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I got a simple 1 sheet of document about the insurance. SA said that i shall be getting more documents from insurance company in few weeks. Its same for other guys too. Shall check with Neeraj and SA again.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

@acarthik: Ideally, the IDV is something like 5% discounted from the ex-showroom price of the vehicle, for a brand new example.
  7. acarthik

acarthik Guest

Hi DRIV3R,
    Thank you for the info.
    BTW, is there a possibility to check if the dealer has put the right IDV for the vehicle during the delivery? (as they are offering free insurance for the vehicle).
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Just FYI, If they really gave you the TYVEX covers, thats are good deal. The OEM FIAT Tyvex cover is like 2900 Rs and Tyvek material is of superior quality when compared to all kinds of crappy Silver car covers available in the market and introduces less scratches in comparison due to the softer lining inside.

TYVEX is the name of material manufactured by DUPONT. The material is used for several purposes and car covers is one of it's application.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I am sorry looks like my line caused a bit confusion here. I meant the provided cover is not Tyvex brand. Hence its of low quality :)
  10. Check with your dealer if the allow you to buy insurance from outside and offer you 27k as cash discount. When I got my insurance papers I found they only paid 16k (where as at the time of negotiation dealer told me 26k for emotion 75hp). I am sure outside insurance is much cheaper than what dealers claims and scare people of not being able to do cashless transaction. You should be able to bargain directly with the same insurance company which your dealer provide for much lessor premium.