1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. I have used Formual 1 scratch out. It works good only if the scratch is minor. There is another product Meguiar sold at 3M outlets which I felt better than Formala 1.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Thanks buddy, this weekend ill visit 3M and ill get that. Hope its a mild compound and not harm paint right? I already have paint sealant.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Sad to hear about the scratch on your babez. But its all part of the game. First scratch will always hurt us the most, but eventually you will get used to it. Be prepared for more scratches once you start driving regularly in city traffic. Enquire if the scratch can be removed without much fuss, else live with it.
    2 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Yea kiran, im rushing to 3M this weekend and also ill buy that rubbing compound Praveen mentioned.

5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

Doesn't seem like a major damage. Thank GOD. If the primer coat is not visible, then the damage should go away with little rubbing.

* In case you haven't, practice using the indicators when shifting lanes.
    * Be careful about the blind spot vehicles (especially C pillar will hide everything in a Punto).
    * Always be careful with cabbies (Indicab, Force traveller, Sumo, company buses, water tankers etc,.). Most of them (not generalizing) are always in a hurry and most of the time they don't own the vehicle they drive.
    * Remember the proverb, "calm seas never made a good sailor". I know it pains to see our car with bruises, but it's unavoidable with the amount of traffic and the width of Bangalore roads.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

This morning i had put indicator for atleast 10-15 feet before taking turn. Even that stupid tanker guy also took left towards NICE road. I took left and i came towards left side of the road to make way for other vechicles coz i was slowly taking left turn.

Yes C Pillars are hiding, ill use ORVM for that some times.

Yep, if some body is in hurry and i notice it on RVM's then ill make way for them to go. I am no way hurry guy.

May be a learning for me to get more cautious, than what i am.

Currently the injury just looks like a rub. Ill post pics later in bright light. :)
    Hoping it would go away in a rubbing compound @3M.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

we cant really do anything about that except being extra careful from our side.

its a good habit to look behind through the passenger window and rear windscreen especially while taking left turns.
    and it is very important to do this on highways while changing lanes. this makes sure theres nothing in your blind spot which may not be visible in orvm!
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Buddy happy to see your thread running so long btw there is a monsoon offer going on from 3M get the under body as well as scratch treatment from them.

Bad to see your punto scratched as told these things can't be stopped by us better be careful when driving.. extra careful buddy.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Yep a lesson learnt :(
    Ill be damn careful.
    Infact when i was taking left, i was just in 10Km speed. Very slowly taking left.

Got paint sealant already. Have to get underbody treatment soon.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Sad to see your beauty hurt, though minor.
    Dont do any touch up or such now. Do all those things during or after 1st service. By then you will be a better driver, doesnt mean you are a bad driver now. :)
    In city driving, you cant completely do away with scratches.