1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. venka

venka BANNED

All the other four tyres are apollo , But Spare one is JK why ??

I don't know , why Rear parking sensors are not placed at equal distance ?? After observing this is in my previous cars, i had instructed strictly to install at equal distance.
    1 person likes this.
  2. This practice started 7-8 months back..the rim size is 14 inches..forget fifth alloy and same oem spec tyre..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. venka

venka BANNED

so what will happen in case of tyre puncture ?? all the other three with 15inch and one in 14inch ?? doesn't it affect driving dynamics ??
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congrats Zen! Great pictures you have shared.
    Wish you miles of smiles :)
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Zen, congratulations and wish u a lot of happy miles with the ride.

Welcome to the mighty 90 club
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Zen,

Firstly congratulations on getting your dream car. Thank you for posting a lot of photographs on the day of purchase. Pardon me if this comes across as a sermon of sorts. I am just another old man with old school thoughts.

Take your family for a nice long drive this weekend. I am sure they are far more prouder than any of us that you bought your first car with your own money. They are more important than any of us. Don't even think of any mods, cosmetic or performance, at least for the next three months. Get used to the car, drive her around, get comfortable. That is far more crucial than any kind of mods. You having minimal driving experience and this being your very first car, is a major advantage. You drive her without any expectations and accept her for what she is. Good for you mate.

Good luck and have fun.

Rajan
    7 people like this.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Congratulations Zen. Wishing you happy miles ahead :)

Yeah, the spare wheel comes with 14'' JK tyre, it does affect dynamics and hence there's a warning on spare wheel stating "Max Speed 80 kmph" :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  8. Apparently spare tyre should be used sparely, so it can help you run to the nearest puncture wala..

A big sticker is put on the Stepney warning not to drive at speeds above 80kmph.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    In four years of ownership, I never had to use the spare tyre though I got two punctures. The spare tyre is resting in the boot like brand new. If you notice the punctures sufficiently in advance, you will get sufficient time to reach puncture wala without using the spare tyre. New tyres rarely get punctured at least for the first one year.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Venka,

The tyres are tubeless. So, a puncture will not cause abrupt air loss. It will most probably result in a slow pressure loss, if at all. Also, the rolling radius of the spare is almost the same as the other tyres. So, in case, there is damage that cannot be fixed, the spare can safely be used, albeit at lessened speeds. In case of a puncture that causes noticeable air loss, carry a pump and tubeless repair kit. For that matter, most cars sold in Europe and in the US come with such spares. I guess they are called spare, for a reason.

Rajan

PS: Sorry Zen. Guys, can we please stop hijacking Zen's thread on his big day. Please?
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    2 people like this.