1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear Gurjinder,

Not really bhai. Not getting enough time. Read like 20 pages so far. Have to continue. :(
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I would suggest you stop reading this forum for sometime and spend that time reading a soft copy of the manual.

Rajan
    6 people like this.
  3. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    I think there is a sequence by which the buzzer can be muted. I'm not sure if Zen was doing it unintentionally.
    1. Wear seat belts when the car key is in MAR position
    2. Wait for 15-20 secs and then remove the belts
    3. Start the engine and drive with no buzzer
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I am aware of that sequence. But doing it unintentionally is almost impossible, IMHO. I mean why would a driver who does not have the responsibility of wearing seat belts in a moving car, do that in a parked car with engine off ? :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    We are into Page 16 within Zen's 2 weeks of ownership. Where would it go after one year? :D
    1 person likes this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I think it is payback time :D.

After all Zen had 700+ posts to his credit, even before he bought the car. So, this is the unofficial "I am off topic" thread :evilsmile

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That should be the first thing you do after getting inside the car, or at least before slotting the gear.
    May not want to read cover-to-cover but makes sense to read the basic/essential sections. Especially the warnings and alerts section. Scan through the table of contents and decide which you want to read first.

And about resetting the auto lock speed, from the safety perspective, it makes sense to have it at 20kmph, which is when central locking gets activated. After this, rear doors can be opened only after unlocking from front doors. This is safer, especially when when there are kids sitting in the rear.

I did read somewhere that in emergency situations, fuel shuts off and doors unlock automatically. I think that is the only situation when doors are unlocked automatically.
    1 person likes this.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Zen my friend are you not satisfied with the 200-300 page manual that FIAT gives you that you want another 500-1000 more pages (read TFIans) to explain stuff.
    There is nothing wrong with your car and nothing to get worried about. Just chill and enjoy the drive.

Secondly, when i'm thinking of getting a 5 point harness or even brake activated tensioners for seat belts you are driving around without one?
    How ever strong the car makes you feel belts are there for a reason and please use it for that reason only.
    Long drives would mean all passengers , Yes ALL passengers should wear belts
    1 person likes this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Man still people are lethargic in using seat belts. Most have this notion that seat belts to be worn coz of cops. WTH is my face reaction towards them :D
    Any ways, then goes my explanation and trust me when i say this, most of the people who sat in my car do not know how to wear seat belts properly. I am pretty much sure that Punto seat belts are almost same as in other cars. So i say its as u do in your car and for that they say i never wear it so not sure. :A is how i feel inside.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Are you sure this is correct? IMO any door opens any time on my car as far as i know unless the child lock is activated. I have not been in the back bench more than a few times, but im sure this got tested several times with people in my car. The rear door opens happily without fiddling with the front doors.