1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

Today again my short journey continues with my babez. For second time i noticed this.

I wasn't wearing any seat belts, so was driving. Seat belt warning was on in the ODO, but no beeps. So i was going in 20-30 and suddenly saw my friends, had to stop. When they tried to open the door, no matter what, they could not from outside. I had to open them from inside.
    This i observed second time, though first time i just ignored. After this, i came back home parked the vehicle and checked again and again with the door, they all opened fine. I am not sure what was wrong here? :confused
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You were not wearing seat belts. That is what was wrong. Don't you know, if you are not wearing seat belts, the car will lock you inside and will not allow anyone to open the door and warn you to wear the seat belt? :evilsmile

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

the doors being locked as you crossed 20 made them not open from outside. or was it not this?
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Zen doors automatically get locked at speed of 20 and above. There is a setting to even customize the speed at which you want the doors to be auto locked I have set it to 30km/hr.

It's normal that door locked from inside can't be opened from outside. That's pretty much the same with Maruti 800 too.

P.S like Rajan pointed out, what's wrong is that you weren't wearing seatbelt. Make it a habit of wearing seat belt before the buzzer asks you to do so ;)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Suggests that you didn't read your owner's manual thoroughly.. can't blame you.. It's normal for many to try and learn instead of reading.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Rajan,
    I knew that it would get locked all doors once i reached 20. Had read that in manual. What was confusing was, that when i dropped down to 0, none of them got unlocked.
    Yes on the ODO, there was a signal of seatbelt, but no buzzer as usual.

@Imran,
    Very nearby home where narrow roads are common, its not possible to go beyond 20, so i dont wear seat belts. Only when i hit main roads or highways or where i can go beyond 40, automatially seat belt is put on.

@Pdydeva,
    Hmm.... I shud change the settings to 40. That would do i suppose. Well i could not go through complete material. Its too big, not getting much time lately. But i am going slowly on the manual. :)
  7. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    What if some vehicle comes and hits you from behind? :) Make it a habit of wearing seat belts (also asking your co-driver to do so). Having no buzzer is a bit strange - it never happened to me.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Once the doors get locked, they will not unlock automatically, even if you come to a standstill and switch off the engine. You have to manually unlock them.

The buzzer not going off is strange though. I think FIAT must have disabled that buzzer, especially for you :D

Rajan
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Rajan,
    No i most of the time get a annoying loud buzzer for this not wearing seat belt, but yest some how for some use case (may be i had worse it and then taken it off i guess) i didnt get it. Any ways, ill reset the limit, may be then it will solve this confusion.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Zen dear,

Are you reading the Owner's Manual as well?