1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

If i remember correctly, just 2 times i went around 100 and that i just happened to glance over the RPM meter, it showed 3.5K+ definitely. Well you see my 100 speed was shorlived on that Road due to traffic. So while downshifting (2) and then revving her up and upshifting (hope i am using words correct) i saw the RPM needle touching 4-4.5K.

It was definitely for a sec or 2 at that RPM. Then it dropped down and i had to slowed down. But over all, the driver was in the range of 1.5-2.5K only. Yes the temp needle was in the middle as usual.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Care to put up more explanation please? Def. sound fishy in my yest driving style. Hope i am not frying my engine soon. Is it always suggested to go back to 2nd gear to push or just be in 3rd and slowly push by footing hard, coz yet i did that 2 times.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Mr Zen, MJD does 100 at 2.5k rpm. Either you were not in 5th gear or you need to get your eyes checked. :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  3. venka

venka BANNED

4k rpm means u must be doing more than 150 or u have accelerated in neutral while shifting gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Revving the engine to higher RPMs is fine even if you do a few times provided the driver knows what he is doing. To achieve optimum performance and output it is better to upshift gears in 2- 2.5k RPM range. MJD will do a 80 KM/h at 2000 RPM and 100 km/h at 2500 in fifth.
    Perhaps you were doing 100 in 3rd gear thats when the RPM needle did the altitude trekk.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Think of something like this:
    1st gear: 15 kmph (just to get the car moving)
    2nd gear: 20 kmph
    3rd gear: 30 kmph
    4th gear: 40 kmph
    5th gear:40+ kmph
    Try testing the above in an empty stretch to get a feel of it.
    Please note that the above just to get an idea, it can be a little + .
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i would recommend 60+
    2 people like this.
  8. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

What happened to your i will stick to 80kmph till 5k kms blah blah :-D

Give it another week you will be posting 120+, It just not possibel to keep the speed in kick when the turbo gets you going..

n BTW the other day whn u were following me as well you were doing more than 80+ cos i was doing more than 80 and you were right behind me the whole time :cool:
    2 people like this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Strange. May be i was pushing it hard in the 3rd to get going aka footing hard. That is when the needle for a moment shooted up till 3-4K.

Not a chance. I was def in the gears, not neutral mode.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Just to be on same page, upshifting means moving gears high in number range right? :confused
    Also yes i did tried to push the car to 80+ in 3rd gear when it was kinda in 40-50. May be that shooted the needle. So the confusion is, when the car is in 3rd and in 30-50 range. To shoot up, should i go to 2nd (downshifting right?) and then get a bit of momentum of about another 10-15 and then shift higher?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hmm....Between 40-70, i am in 4th. Very rarely i go to 5th especially in city roads. I guess 5th is more for an empty long stretch or highways right.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks for the link buddy, surely shall go through.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Just wanted that feel for few times. So as said did that only 2-3 times that is all. After that stick to 80 limit :)
    yes sir i did 70 the other day following you. 80 limit still following sir :)
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Which ever gear you are try to upshift at 2250-2500. Your RPM will reduce to 1800-2000 and you wouldn't feel any jerk ( for 75 Punto), 90HP you wouldn't feel as it has VGT :).

And Try to maintain 1800-2000 RPM range to get the max FE ( any gear, not in First gear ;)).