1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Ganges,
    If i remember correctly, just 2 times i went around 100 and that i just happened to glance over the RPM meter, it showed 3.5K+ definitely. Well you see my 100 speed was shorlived on that Road due to traffic. So while downshifting (2) and then revving her up and upshifting (hope i am using words correct) i saw the RPM needle touching 4-4.5K.

@Driver,
    It was definitely for a sec or 2 at that RPM. Then it dropped down and i had to slowed down. But over all, the driver was in the range of 1.5-2.5K only. Yes the temp needle was in the middle as usual.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Care to put up more explanation please? Def. sound fishy in my yest driving style. Hope i am not frying my engine soon. Is it always suggested to go back to 2nd gear to push or just be in 3rd and slowly push by footing hard, coz yet i did that 2 times.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Mr Zen, MJD does 100 at 2.5k rpm. Either you were not in 5th gear or you need to get your eyes checked. :p

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  3. venka

venka BANNED

4k rpm means u must be doing more than 150 or u have accelerated in neutral while shifting gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Revving the engine to higher RPMs is fine even if you do a few times provided the driver knows what he is doing. To achieve optimum performance and output it is better to upshift gears in 2- 2.5k RPM range. MJD will do a 80 KM/h at 2000 RPM and 100 km/h at 2500 in fifth.
    Perhaps you were doing 100 in 3rd gear thats when the RPM needle did the altitude trekk.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Think of something like this:
    1st gear: 15 kmph (just to get the car moving)
    2nd gear: 20 kmph
    3rd gear: 30 kmph
    4th gear: 40 kmph
    5th gear:40+ kmph
    Try testing the above in an empty stretch to get a feel of it.
    Please note that the above just to get an idea, it can be a little + .
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i would recommend 60+
    2 people like this.
  8. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    What happened to your i will stick to 80kmph till 5k kms blah blah :-D

Give it another week you will be posting 120+, It just not possibel to keep the speed in kick when the turbo gets you going..

n BTW the other day whn u were following me as well you were doing more than 80+ cos i was doing more than 80 and you were right behind me the whole time :cool:
    2 people like this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Strange. May be i was pushing it hard in the 3rd to get going aka footing hard. That is when the needle for a moment shooted up till 3-4K.

@Venka,
    Not a chance. I was def in the gears, not neutral mode.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Just to be on same page, upshifting means moving gears high in number range right? :confused
    Also yes i did tried to push the car to 80+ in 3rd gear when it was kinda in 40-50. May be that shooted the needle. So the confusion is, when the car is in 3rd and in 30-50 range. To shoot up, should i go to 2nd (downshifting right?) and then get a bit of momentum of about another 10-15 and then shift higher?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hmm....Between 40-70, i am in 4th. Very rarely i go to 5th especially in city roads. I guess 5th is more for an empty long stretch or highways right.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks for the link buddy, surely shall go through.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Just wanted that feel for few times. So as said did that only 2-3 times that is all. After that stick to 80 limit :)
    yes sir i did 70 the other day following you. 80 limit still following sir :)
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Which ever gear you are try to upshift at 2250-2500. Your RPM will reduce to 1800-2000 and you wouldn't feel any jerk ( for 75 Punto), 90HP you wouldn't feel as it has VGT :).

And Try to maintain 1800-2000 RPM range to get the max FE ( any gear, not in First gear ;)).