1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Zen i also changed my Punto's cover..OEM cover got toren from everywhere..it was very thin..i got a new cover from an accessory shop Car Club in Hubli fro Punto..its thick unlike OEM cover from Fiat..it can be used for all hatchbacks in India right from Swift,i20,Polo,Punto and others..Forgot its name:uh..
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

Just been to a short drive for like 6-7 kms nearby my area. I loved the way she was cruising over the curves here and there. Did not revv more than 2k. Sticked to 80ODO speed. So far no complaints, just learning.
    Btw saw the low fuel warning now LED (yellow 1) now. Ill top up tomorrow. But could not see how many more kms i can drive value in the MID. Perhaps time to continue reading Manual. Keeping a log book in the car to know how many kms i drive every day also when i top up fuel. Hopefully i rem updating it every drive :p

Got a bit of better judgement in turns and overtakes, also good grip on the half clutch :D Learnt that if hand brakes applied a indicator on ODO comes up. Was always wondering what that red sign is for. Stupid me :uh

Constantly keeping an eye on tyre wear out, i have this feeling that wheels are not aligned properly, but again steering turning towards 1 side may be due to bad road. Few more drive, i guess ill come to know. Not good at judging from this steering tilt as it could be from road inclination too right.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dear zenwalker,

Apologies for the late response.

CONGRATULATIONS! :)

Even the great Freddie Mercury wants to say something:

P.S. Do read the owner's manual thoroughly.

Freddy Mercury.jpg
    2 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Gurjinder,
    Its ok buddy, better late than never :)
    Thanks.

P.S: You have made, freddie, FIAT Top hats, etc. folks to comment for me :D
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear All,

Today my babez got Paint Sealant coating done @3M, HSR Layout. Had an appointment @930AM. I was right there right on time. The car was taken second to duster for Paint sealant. First body wash (foam based) and then taken upstairs for the Paint sealant.

I must say, they have done very good job. Mr. Sidhu and his team has done great job. Thanks alot for all the comfortable talks, great hospitality Mr. Sidhu has shown to me today. Very nice person by heart.
    I also met, Mohan KV, Krishna, Karthik & Gautam and shared alot of informative stuffs today. It was good to hang out with these folks. Hope to see them all soon.

Pics, could not take alot as i was busy with the group in discussing various things along with Mr. Sidhu. I am really happy for the top notch work done by Sidhu and Team. Keep it up guys..

Before lunch, we (Krishna, Mohan, myself) visited Vecto motors SC for a AC filter change in Mohans Car. Vecto guys were really supportive. Met, head of Vecto and had a chat with him for a while. They all showed a good gesture to us. We 3 came back, met Karthik and Gautam @3M shop. We all went for lunch then visited a Tyre shop @IIM, Banerghatta Road.

Few pics, i managed to click...
    IMAG0113.jpg IMAG0114.jpg IMAG0115.jpg IMAG0116.jpg IMAG0117.jpg IMAG0118.jpg IMAG0120.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Today went for a short drive towards Pyramid valley. It was almost 80Kms (2 way), i pushed my beauty till 100 (4K RPM) 3-4 times, i loved the cornering, handling, breaking. Felt VGT kicking in many times. I just loved that push :D
    Tyre noise was not much, may be coz of good road! Nuting much to say ATM.

Any thing i should look out on my future short/long drives??
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Zen dont push ur beauty till 4 K RPM upto 1000 kms as the engine will be new..so be careful next time..keep RPM Rev range under 2K RPM..
  8. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Congratulations Zenwalker! Wonderful, you have noted minute details in your review!
    Did you do 100km/h at 4K rpm multiple times, is that what you meant? You better upshift early say around 2500 rpm in the woken up zone.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Zen, its okay to push her to 4k rpm once in a while, running in be damned. You won't say the same if you see how our cars are driven on Fiat test track and PDI. They do guerilla testing with our cars.

Just ensure that the engine is warm, temp needle at the middle. Run-in should be a mix of everything. Not just babying the car.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    4k rpm @ 100 ? Are you sure.