1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian White Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by zenwalker, Jul 4, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    yeah i would actually agree with shams as well. Dont get over confident with things . It could get dangerous . Take your own sweet time .

PS :: Punto does not give you a feel for the speed 80kmph feels just as good as 120kmph except the engine noise that can be masked by a loud song so be careful.
  2. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    You got to have more patience than buddha or any other monk to not cross 80 for the 1st 2k kms. Even i started out thinking the same, but 2nd gear turbo pull made me just floor it through all the gears until i hit 160.. all this hapened within 6 days of delivery.... U can tske her to speds once in a while... No harm...
  3. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Try to run the engine in different rpms, avoid constant rpm for long time.
    1 person likes this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I was hoping no one would quote this but now that you have let me also add that it was really really tough to not take her beyond 100.
    With great difficulty i managed to keep the speed at 100 for the first 5k kms and my god that was the toughest time i had with my baby!!

Also true. dont stick to a particular RPM for long keep varying it stay +- 500rpm as much as possible and slowly give her the treatment she deserves
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hehehe ill make sure ill do 80 ODO till 2K. I got that control with in me for sure atleast for the greater good of my babz.

Well most of the time in 60, the engine runs around 1K RPM though the gear is in 4th. So ya i dont think i stick to one RPM all the time. Any way in traffic these days, engine always on different RPM :D
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    1K in 4th gear?? You are lugging the engine . Dont do it
  7. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Yes same observation for me too.
    Mine is 4k kms now. and the gear shift real smooth, even i was concerned with hard shifts initially but friend of mine who owns fiat said it will surely smoothen as it runs
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Sham,
    How much it should be ? I mean, i always look at ODO at what speed i am in of course 50+ i am already in 4th gear. So i guess based on the speed, the engine RPM will vary right?
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    In essence, you shouldn't rev hard the engine during run-in period. Drive within safe rpm ranges. Safe range according to me is < 2.5-3K rpm.
    Punto comes with an on-board helper for you to stay under the speed limits. Configure the speed limit buzzer to 80/90 kmph and whenever you cross that speed, it'll warn that you are hurting it ;)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hey Zen, were you addressing me in the quoted post?? I'm Deva BTW.
    What you have seems to be the normal fabric material cover (silver grey colored). Mine is the Tyvek white. Tyvek white material shows better strength when you feel it. It would look more or less like a good quality Urea/fertilizer sack :D urea_final.jpg
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yep the buzzer is set (SA infact did on delivery day) to 80. I am always with in 2k RPM.

Ok sorry, i wrongly wrote your name. :uh
    Well my package wasnt looking like that. So ok, i guess its not tyvek.