1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian Girlfriend - Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Himanshukumar, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    It all started one year back when I and my wife has decided to buy a car. For all most one year we are fighting for which car we need to buy, option are as mention below(Punto is nowhere in our mind)

1. Wagon R (VXI with ABS) - My First Choice
    2. Nissan Micra - My wife's first choice
    3. Renault pulse - My wife's second choice
    4. Ford Figo - My Second Choice

During our fighting period I saw one Fiat Caffe’ is coming nearby. I enquired about their plan and purpose that how I got introduce to my future Italian Girlfriend. As all boys start their planning "how to make a beautiful girl as his girlfriend which they met or see her?" . I also started that planning in my mind. I have gone through lot of research on net.

Once Fiat Caffe’ get ready and inaugurated I took my wife there for a coffee (Which they have not yet started to serve yet). I pretended that I did not know that they are not started serving coffee, she got dis appointed with this so I convince her that we will go for a coffee in other good restaurant (Later I took her to Barleys Restaurant for a coffee). Then I said can we look at this “Red Punto” as an option, she said it is Fiat and you know very well their reputation in market. Still I insisted that she can take test drive and let us see how it come out as we came till here. She took a small test drive and given her feedback that this one is best among the all cars which we have TDed till date. (Cars TDed – Figo, Micra, Pulse, Liva, Brio, Fabia, Wagon-R).

Just listening that I played my cards and told her that this the gift that I am going to buy for the 8th Anniversary of our first meet. She got surprised and shocked immediately with happiness. The sales person also helped me immediately to convinced her in that situation (This is also a trap setup by me) . Later she come to know that I played a game on her to buy the “Fiat Punto”.

As I promised her we took the delivery of my “Italian Girlfriend” on6th August 2013. Now it has been almost 3 and half months my girlfriend is with me. We have clocked almost 5000 KM during this period, even I learned my driving on “Italian Girlfriend”.

The first free service is also completed. The service response is very good with the fiat exclusive ASS.

Some the pics

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
    6 people like this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Welcome to TFI Himanshu,Superb pics of your Red Hot Punto
    Nice story of how your played game with your wife to bring home Punto which wasnt in your buying list.
    Happy miles with smiles in your Red hot Punto.5k in just 3 months is very good,
    plz post 1st free service experience which you got from fiat exclusive ASS.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Congratulations on the Punto.

As you & your wife rightly experienced, all it takes is one test drive to become a Fiat fan. Nice way of getting your partner to agree your views. Good to note that you handle both the ladies in your life quite well.

Which dealer did you get the delivery from and the service done?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
  4. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3

KHT - Fiat Caffe' Bangalore - Tauseef is the Sales Person
    KHT - Fiat Service Center - Saba is the service engineer

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Nadeem,

I will definite post my service experience
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  5. ASNM

ASNM Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Congratulations Himanshu.
    Your red punto looks smashing. Nice trick you played on your wife to convince her.

Wishing you many happy miles

Drive Safe
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Congrats himanshu :)
    Liked reading the opening post. Very nicely written.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats for Red beauty. Happy revving her.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and welcome.
    Its said right, once you drive Fiat, its obevious you will buy it or you will repent it every time you see Fiat passing by....
  9. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    You are absolutely right Tony. I am just 3 1/2 month old driver but when ever drove any other car than fiat, i feel "Am I driving a car or tiny box on wheel?". I would give exempt to few German cars from this.

I really feel that We Indian needs to come out from "Kitan Deti Hai?" attitude at least for Car Point of view.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    My Italian Girlfriend - Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD - 7K km Update....

Just Completed 7k yesterday with my Italian Girlfriend. Below is my quick and sort update till date.

Trips completed with my GF

1. Bangalore - Srirangapatna - Chamundi Hill - Bridavan Garden - Bangalore.
    2. Bangalore - Kolar - Kottilinegshawar - Bangaru Tirupathi – Bangalore
    3. Bangalore - Chunchi Falls - Sangama - Makedatu – Bangalore
    4. Bangalore - Chika Tirupathi – Bangalore
    5. Bangalore – Nandi Hills – Bangalore (First Experience with Ghats section)
    6. Bangalore - Shiva Samudram – Bangalore
    7. Bangalore – Lepakshi – Ghati Subramanya – Bangalore
    8. Bangalore – Shiva Gange – Devarayana Durga– Bangalore
    9. Bangalore – Kaivara – Kailash Giri – Kudumalai – Bangalore
    10. Bangalore – Madikeri – Bangalore (Falls : Abby, Chelavara, Mallalli, Harangi Dam, Dubare Elephant Park, Golden Temple, TalaCauvery, BhagMandala, Estate Walk )- My Longest Trip Till Date - 1000 KM
    11. Bangalore – Malikarjuna Temple - Talakadu – Bangalore

Problems Faced:

1. Rear Right Side Lock System Failure after 1000 KM. Car taken to KHT Service Center, Whitefield. Lock assembly replaced under warranty. Over experience with service center is quite ok. Reasons for being ok are
      1. Service Engineer took almost 2 ½ hrs. to attend us.

2. Steering Vibration after 80 km/h. This problem solved while given for a first service. But still some time Steering Vibration were felt but it is not continues. (Need Expert Comments from the forum on the same.)

First Free Service Update:

Service done while ODO is 4200 KM

Not able to go personally hence called up service center for pickup. The telephone operate has booked and slot and arrange the driver for the pickup. But this process took at least two days and couple of phone follow ups to get completed

Driver (Ganesh) Picked up the vehicle in heavy rain situation @ around 7.30 PM. He has waited 30 minutes at home as I am stuck into traffic with my Punto. Took all complains (which are none except Steering Vibration).

SCE (Saba) has given a call next day and took details of car over a phone. Car has been serviced and delivered same day. Car returned with topnotch condition. Everything is precisely taken care of.

KHT followed up after one week about my Steering Vibration issues. Is it solved or not

Over Service Experience is very good.

Cost for the service – 200 Rs. (Given to driver for his courtesy and teaching me few driving tips while delivering the vehicle.)

Mileage Details:

Initial 2000 km:
    13.0 KM/L City and 17 KM/L on Highway.
    After 2000 km mileage start improving

Current 15.3 KM/L City and 22.3 KM/L on Highway.

As I am sedate driver so not going more than 100 km/h on most of the drive. Once try to floor accelerator to test steering vibration after first service touched 130 km/h.

On Highway

1. Best mileage got 34.7 km/l - 60 KM stretch
    2. Worst mileage got 12.0 km/l – 10 KM stretch

In City

1. Best mileage got 18.1 km/l – 10.2 KM stretch
    2. Worst mileage got 6.0 km/l – 10.2 KM stretch

While driving over Speed Humps sometimes able to hear noise from suspension.

I feel this is because the size and uneven surface of hump will create balancing problem with suspension and noise came. May be I am wrong. Need Expert Suggestions on this
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.