1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian Girl - Tjet Plus

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by vijays777, Dec 29, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    That was the intention & expectation. However, if I'm not wrong, Elastic Pads needed to be changed prematurely in a few 2012 cars as well.
  2. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    This was told by SA who has a good experience so shared here. may be late 2012 cars this was rectified ... have to confirm
  3. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    On saturday Morning started off for a long trip , started the engine , started well but warning came CHECK ENGINE , First time seeing a warning sign in my 2 plus years ownership of jet , tried twice still the same , ok lets open the bonnet , OMG its its a RATS play inside the engine bay , it has tore off all the deadening material inside the bonnet, oh no full of fur dust over the engine , but there was no lag or some thing called sundu ,srida both said take it to tass if its check engine , but i test drove took up to 100 nothing happened no lag but warning is there, no way family suggestion take to TASS, so called Tensing,again he has done a great csc , took my call in just 2 rings and said sure i will help you and gave contact in VST,
    As RDC hasn't opened he asked to goto VST , finally suresh from tensing team who has joined rdc but was asked to stay 15 days more in vst helped me , he itself took the car inside the garage connected the USB , installed the fiat monitor run the program for open ended connections , opened the TJET plastic box
    it was same type of deadening inside the plastic which the rat have tried to bite which also bite the sensor wire for turbo. he personally fixed by adding new wire in no TIME fixed the issue run the diagnostic again and finally no errors :) ,Thanks to MR suresh & all who helped , so after reached back home we all started for the journey.

One thing to be appreciated about FIAT is superb advanced electronics , which no car in this segment have built, see if some person who doesn't have warning sign and in middle some issue arises :( , thanks to FIAT.
    3 people like this.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh these rats again :A Good to know that a fatal damage was avoided! Even in case my Punto, some portion of deadening material has been bitten away by the rats :evil: Since then, I check the engine bay area every morning !!! I feel during winter, rats gets attracted towards Fiats because of these deadening material which will be like blanket for them!! So are you replacing the deadening material? Can it be done? Any pointers would be helpful....
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Yeah ure correct 50% material gone , yes it can be raised via tass and we can get it , will wait for RDC motors service for complete start and then raise.
    forgot to mention , Suresh in tass didnt charge for the repair done.was satisfied. he also saif if you go to local country store u can get those rat repellers keep it inside bonnet so for the smell itself will not come . have to get it.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ vijays, Thanks for the update. Well, as of now am using Napthalene balls to prevent rats & so far it has worked. Touchwood! I place @ 2 - 3 open packets of these at various places under the hood every night.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Am happy that the issue is fixed and kudos to suresh. Hope you continued your trip.

<One thing to be appreciated about FIAT is superb advanced electronics , which no car in this segment have built, see if some person who doesn't have warning sign and in middle some issue arises
    :sad:, thanks to FIAT.>

Exactly the same my Wife said after listening to our conversation. She didn't understand initially, I explained her about the Warnings displayed on the MID. Later I got a Tap on my shoulder for choosing A FIAT.
    1 person likes this.
  8. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet

Yes srida , thats the Beauty of FIAT , Yeah we started for the journey and came back on sunday eve.
    1 person likes this.
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Update : - Diesel filled instead of petrol ,

what the hell with these drivers do i dont know , he is saying sir there is no name board saying petrol , open and see inside the lid idiot.
    also these petrol bunks dont even bother .. Dent - 6000 Rs estimated