1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian Girl - Tjet Plus

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by vijays777, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Good job by tensingh & team.

There goes Elastic Pads again. This time @ less than 16,000 kms.
    Fortunately, it was within the warranty.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    How do they come to know that elastic pads needs to be replaced. How do you feel it as a driver before and after replacing it. Any change?
    1 person likes this.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Vijay - Nice to hear another positive review of TAFE. In my opinion it's Tensingh who is completely responsible for this, Hopefully he moves to Fiat SC once opened so that we can enjoy hassle free service going forward. Do write to Fiat regarding the positive feedback because they must have been bored reading all those negative feedback.

Sun - In my case car had a slight steering play towards left and also I could clearly hear thud noise when going over undulations or potholes.
    2 people like this.
  5. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes there is a good change Sun ,
    Before i used to feel the feedback of pot holes and jump inside the car with heavy thud inside the car now the complete thud sound inside and light jumping while going over pot holes in the front is gone + steering is good now turning is more accurate.

As per tensingh words, previously the cap was not there in my car + previous models so above the shocks water enter through and elastic pad gets rust and goes off, In 2012 models this has been rectified by FIAT so no issue .

Done Ravi.

Yes teky , Bo doubt he only did completely , Tensing was not in a hurry he wants customer satisfaction that's a very good motive i see from him. did a good job inspecting all issues personally before delivery and rectifies it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

In that form correction was a big joke.. this form was not handed over to me it was inside the car in dash. , may be mistakenly they kept it :)
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Vijay. The reason I asked about elastic pads is because I used to get more vibration of uneven road surface in to the car now days. Service person checked shock absorbers and told it is OK. Alignment and balancing has done recently and every 5K interval before that. Should I ask them to check elastic pads?
    1 person likes this.
  7. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Vijay.... Thanks for the detailed catalogue.... Got lot of insight on what to expect.....
    I am due for my first service on 29-Nov.... @ TAFE.....

Meanwhile, when did you request for Tensingh to handle the job? was it at the time of appointment booking or was it at the time of opening the job card?

chartered the points\questions for first service,

1. Book appointment
    2. Do not take foldable key to the service center. Take the other key with you.
    Keep removable accessories at home: Perfumes, USB/Pen Drives, GPS devices, chargers and glove box contents.
    3. Go by your manual. As per manual, see if anything needs to be done in 1st service and get them done. Of course take the manual and free service coupons for the service
    4. Check with SA as to, what is done in first service?
    5. Check with SA as to, what are free? What are charged?
    6. Should engine oil be changed? Any indicator to define it (beyond the standard Oil Level Indicator check)? Or probably top-up alone. If engine oil is required, please do ask them to put Selinia 1lt bottles. And personally inspect the change\top-up.
    7. Air filter cleaning
    8. Underbody inspection. I scraped the underbody couple of times.
    9. I get a squeaking noise from brake in the mornings; but later it disappears, I assume it is normal. But nonetheless check the brakes.
    10. Check Brake pedals for ply.
    11. Check shock absorbers.
    12. One of the back doors, when closed gives a different sound. The pressure to close the door is also higher. Should be checked.
    13. Should the clutch and gear be checked?
    14. The door beading on the inside part of the door is not full. If there was a full beading then probably the wind noise will reduce at higher speeds. Any chance of getting it done?
    15. Boot opening is tight
    16. Rear power window screeching sound
    17. Wheel alignment and balancing will be done outside TASS… is it advisable? Is either of them free for first service?

any suggestion are welcome........
    1 person likes this.
  8. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    1. Book appointment
    2. Do not take foldable key to the service center. Take the other key with you.
    ---- No issue so far i had , but its good , some persons handle worse , in tafe i didn't see that issue .

Keep removable accessories at home: Perfumes, USB/Pen Drives, GPS devices, chargers and glove box contents.
    -- please take all the things out which all are kept by you , no need to take out spare Tyre and accessories.

3. Go by your manual. As per manual, see if anything needs to be done in 1st service and get them done. Of course take the manual and free service coupons for the service

----- First service is a general check up nothing much , top up of all levels and complaints rectified

4. Check with SA as to, what is done in first service?
    ---- yeah you can ask them to list out
    5. Check with SA as to, what are free? What are charged?
    ---- 99% it should be Rs 0
    6. Should engine oil be changed? Any indicator to define it (beyond the standard Oil Level Indicator check)? Or probably top-up alone. If
    engine oil is required, please do ask them to put Selinia 1lt bottles. And personally inspect the change\top-up.
    7. Air filter cleaning
    ------ no need , they will top up also clean filters

8. Underbody inspection. I scraped the underbody couple of times.
    -- ask them whether there is bend .

9. I get a squeaking noise from brake in the mornings; but later it disappears, I assume it is normal. But nonetheless check the brakes.
    10. Check Brake pedals for ply.
    11. Check shock absorbers.
    12. One of the back doors, when closed gives a different sound. The pressure to close the door is also higher. Should be checked.
    13. Should the clutch and gear be checked?
    14. The door beading on the inside part of the door is not full. If there was a full beading then probably the wind noise will reduce at higher speeds. Any chance of getting it done?
    15. Boot opening is tight
    16. Rear power window screeching sound
    -- your rear power window is over , he will replace the motor , say to tensing before so he will make arrangements. you can see in my prev thread about that screech sound..

17. Wheel alignment and balancing will be done outside TASS… is it advisable? Is either of them free for first service?
    -- i feel in tafe wheel align is good

--- the above points will be taken care of tass , just wait for tensing and say to him alone.

any suggestion are welcome........

- - - Merged Post - - -

I see a very good difference sun, .. ask them to check elastic pads and whole setup whether its rusted or not ..
    2 people like this.
  9. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Vijay.... I will ask them to check the front elastic pads.

Meanwhile, when did you request for Tensingh to handle the job? was it at the time of appointment booking or was it at the time of opening the job card?

Also I will need the car on the same day.... atleast that was promised when I booked the appointment.... will keep my fingers crossed....

Because I have a function to attend in Chidambaram during this weekend... next week there is another marriage to attend in Tiruvanamalai...

So may be I have to cut down my list to those that can be done in a day.... and take the car later for the left overs.
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Mostly it will be done in a single day as its first service and it will be general check up, until any replacement is necessary , call him and tell the issues to him before 2 days so he will have a good amt of time for spares if needed and on the service day , before entering tafe call him go personally and tell your queries , he will take care .
    1 person likes this.