1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian Beauty

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by arjunad, Nov 25, 2014.

1. arjunad

arjunad Timido

It’s quite late I am coming with my ownership reviews, but still whenever I am getting time, I am reading reviews in Team Fiat and obviously I am a hard core Fiat fan.

Last two years I was planning for buying a car, due to certain factors it got delayed but mean while I studied most of pros & cons of the cars in my budget I was searching.

My usage of car is mainly for trip to my home town. My home town is in Wayanad Kerala, and I am working in Bangalore. It’s almost 300Kms far from Bangalore. So I was more concerned about three things

1) Safety
    2) High Speed stability & Good driving Dynamics
    3) Better ground clearance

Cars which I had shortlisted

1) Fiat Punto 90HP
    2) Ford Figo
    3) Ford Fiesta Classic
    4) Ford Ecosport
    5) Maruti Swift
    6) Honda Amaze

I was shortlisted Figo, Swift and Amaze based on friends and family members opinion, but I personally don’t like these cars. Then, I really like Ecosport but as per my Budget I need to go for base model or middle version also I need to wait for a long time for the delivery so that’s also out from my list.

Finally I was very much confused with Punto and Fiesta classic. Both are drivers car and also having the same Price (Ford reduced 1 Lac that time). I don’t like the design of Fiesta Classic, but still I was thinking I will get a sedan for same price, also heard Ford planning to discontinue Classic for Figo based sedan.

Finally as a Fiat fan, knowing all positives and negatives of Fiat, I took a decision from my heart to go for Punto 90HP Diesel. Another thing is, that time all were talking about Punto facelift and I have seen some pictures in internet also; I was little bit confused but as per the news, except exterior and interior looks, there is no major change in Engine and transmission.

For 90HP, on road price was coming around 8.9Lac; that time, 50K exchange bonus + Insurance free was there. After all discounts on road price in Bangalore was coming around 8 Lac. If I waited for facelift, I need to pay 9 Lac on road as well as by seeing internet pictures I was not much impressed with facelift design.

Finally I booked my Punto 90HP exotica red with top black on 7-June-2014(Sports version coming with top black).

We had some interaction with sales agent on insurance amount, as Insurance was free they kept 27K for comprehensive. And I have asked for Zero depreciation Bumper to Bumper Insurance but they told, I need to pay 6K extra for that. Then I checked the details of insurance in policybazar.com as well as checked directly in Future Generali as well, I got diff quotes starting from 18K from Policybazar and 20K from Future Generali directly. As Insurance was free, I can’t go separately for insurance so we discussed this matter with sales agent and after lots of talk they agreed that if Insurance amount for B2B is coming 20K only then they will give the balance 7K back to me (saved 6K + 7K ;) ).

Finally on road price came down to 8Lac with Reverse Parking sensor + Car cover + Floor mat + Mud flaps as freebie. As I can take extended warranty later also within 3 years of warranty period, I have not taken that. As there are so many condition also for getting extended warranty, if I will be following all those and decided to use more than 3 years then later on I will take extended warranty. RSA also included in the freebies list.

Finally the day came and I got delivery of my Italian Beauty on 21st June 2014 from Vecto Motors Bangalore. 90HP Sports model was not available in stock, so it took more than 10 Days to reach from Pune plant. Sales agent was very good and helped me for everything and the delivery was also smooth.

After two weeks.. coming back from my home town, unfortunately I faced one accident also. Near to Kengeri in Bangalore, I was coming around 40-50km/s speed in moderate traffic, one idiot two wheeler guy jumped into road with his scooter from the divider to cross the road. I have applied brake and stopped but one yellow board Innova coming behind me was in high speed, hit my Punto’s rear side. By hearing the noise I thought our car’s back side completely gone, then parked in road side and by seeing Innova’s front side, came back to see my car. By seeing my car I thanked god as well as fiat. Except a small dent and a small misplacement of back bumper nothing happened to my car but Innova’s front side completely damaged. Thanks fiat once again for the Build quality.

Dent in rear side

Talking with Innova guys and solving that issue was a long story and I am not including with this review.

As of now My Italian beauty covered 4600+ KMs and done first Service also. So far I did not faced any problems. Out of 4.6 K, more than 95% my travel was on highways, 5 long trips with one trip more than 1300 Kms. My long trips including Hair pin curves & Village ghat roads.

I am getting around 16-18 KM/L mileage. 19KM/L is the highest mileage I received so far with 100% AC.

If I am driving by keeping the rpm around 2K, getting good mileage and if I am pressing the accelerator hardly mileage is coming down to below 15 also.

Once to avoid a ghat road we went through another road, but unknowingly we reached a place with extreme bad roads but I never ever faced any under body hits, So… I can drive confidently through our bad roads.

@My Home Town
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI & Congrats for your 90hp beast. Its looking hot in red with blackened roof. Nice detailed write up and am sure you would be relishing Punto in the twisty roads leading to your home town, Waynad. Happy and Safe motoring.
    prabhjot and arjunad like this.
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats @arjunad on your red hot new ride. Happy & safe driving
    arjunad likes this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Congratulations .
    Kindly include the story of the innova guy too.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Congratulations n really good choice with colour and car
  6. arjunad

arjunad Timido

aramico likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

You sir have gotten yourself the best of the Grande Punto-s, the most obviously Italian: black-roofed red 90hp! Terrific, good stuff man. Glad you're loving your Fiat experience.

8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @arjunad !!
    Red is looking ravishing :) All the best and happy miles!!
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats man. Car looks smoking hot in Red.
    have u got the dents repaired on you car? which workshop did u go?
  10. arjunad

arjunad Timido

Thank you @prabhjot, @pabhishek, @Deepak ...

@Deepak, After that incident, next day i went to Vecto Motors Bangalore, and fixed Back bumper, also number plate bulb's warning light was blinking that also changed. That dent is still there, if we repair that dent, paint will go from that place, so need to paint also.. for that they are asking me to keep the car there for 3-4 days... and the total cost they are quoting is 5K. I need to repair that before my insurance expires.
    Only for fixing rear bumper they charged 900+ as labour charge.