1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian Beauty is on her way

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Sambikap, Jun 14, 2011.

1. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    Nice initial review. Linea looks awesome in tuscan wine :nicethread.

Which company's lcd monitor have u put on ur linea? Is it Worldtech by any chance?.
    I have a BNW linea and have recently put a lcd monitor from worldtech which also helps in reverse parking, a camera is being fit to the rear bumper. but my problem is, when i try to view any video in that lcd monitor i get lot of disturbances. video plays perfectly but the audio is full of distortions.
    FM Transmission is the mode of communication between the lcd monitor and Head Unit, even if i tune to best of the frequencies, audio has disturbances, it is not clear.
    any suggestions for improvement of audio??
    An Aux cable is also provided in the box but linea's HU doesn't support aux-in :(
  2. Sambikap

Sambikap Amatore

Thanks, vvk007!

No, mine is not Worldtech LCD - it is "iConnect". I am yet to upgrade my ICE, I am plannig to upgrade my audio player so it can support video as well. As of now, I am just using this as reversing guide. Sorry, I am unable to suggest at this moment!
  3. Sambikap

Sambikap Amatore

Last week, I called them to check the status on AC Vent and Sun Curtain to know that it has reached the showroom - I got both these issues fixed along with some issues like wiper water and uneven low beam. So far, its good.

I am planning for a quick trip on this Thursday to Thrivallur Temple (Near Chennai - about 300+ KMS via Kolar / Chittor) - planning to leave early in the morning about 5:00 and reach there by 9:00 - let see how it goes, and i shal share my trip experience on my return!
  4. Sambikap

Sambikap Amatore

Happy Republic day to all my fiat fans!

Started the Journey at 26/1/12 5:30 in the Morning (4 adults and 1 kid).....

Onward Journey - took the following route while going(took 30 mins break after Mulbagalu for breakfast). Reached Sriperumbudur at 10:00 AM .

Bangalore-Kolar-Mulbagalu-Palamner-Vellore-Sriperumbudur-Tiruvallur

Roads are good, but after Mulbagalu is just a two lane road but they are good! After a quick dharsan in Sriperumbudur Ramanujam temple, we left around 10:45 to Thiruvallur and took about 30 minutes to reach the temple. Road was ok, with bit of pot holes - but not worse - I was able to manage to drive between 80 to 100kms/hour in this road.

Spent about 3 hours in Thrivallur, after lunch we left the place about 2:00PM to Bangalore and took the following route. The roads until Chitoor was ok but still able to manage to drive at 80 kms/hour - scraped twice and jumped one hump! Having said that, my Linea was stable throughout the journey!

Tiruvallur-Thrithani-Sholinghur-Chitoor-Palamner-Mulbagalu-Kolar-Bangalore

Reached bangalore at 26/1/12 7:00PM with 20 minutes of tea break.

Top Speed Reached: 140kms/hour
    Minimum speed maintained: 80-100kms/hour
    Total Kms covered: 620Kms
    Total Hours Spent including temple visit: 13.5 Hours
    Mileage: 16.9 km/l (considering my speed maintained and pressure given to the engine while overtaking - this is a decent mileage)

Though I felt little disappointed while overtaking (as I had to stress the enigine to overtake lorries) the entier journey was good. I was the only person driving, but no fatigue after return! I love my linea!

Sorry, I couldnt focus on taking picture as I had to complete the journey in a short period!